Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC M9 thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Basil3 wrote:
    Ordered the M9 active case today. Waterproof, dustproof, shock resistant and expensive. Will let you know how it goes.

Let me know how it looks and if it fits perfectly. Drop test not necessary :)

Expensive it is, but it is 2 years expense and I cannot afford another upgrade soon.

Shock resistant and dust proof is what I need atm. Thanks.

jimmynokia wrote:
    Cruzerlite case.. Best protection against drops or an Otterbox

Will look these up online. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

This is the case if anyone is wondering.
    http://www.spigen.com/collections/htc-one-m9/products/htc-one-m9-case-slim-armor

Got the gunmetal version.

dodzy wrote: »
    Jesus, that's a ridiculous price. Hope it's warranted.

Yeah, I paid €50, but still expensive.

It's far and away the most I've paid for a case, I normally spend under €5 for gel cases. I did get the dot view case for the M8, which was a major fail.

If it's not up to the standard I expect, I'll be getting a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭WexIan

I have an otterbox not the most beautiful case but you can drop it and great protection. Also a Spigen Neo Hybrid not as bulky as an otterbox but good ptotection as well.

• Advertisement

This is the case if anyone is wondering.
    http://www.spigen.com/collections/htc-one-m9/products/htc-one-m9-case-slim-armor

Got the gunmetal version.

Thanks,

Ordered it today, €33 delivered from UK.

Should do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Downloading the 5.1 update as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

beno619 wrote: »
    Downloading the 5.1 update as we speak.

Same here.

Fingers crossed. Battery issue was getting to me.

(Locked/ Vodafone)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Same here.

Fingers crossed. Battery issue was getting to me.

(Locked/ Vodafone)

The charging bug or a battery drain problem ?

beno619 wrote: »
    The charging bug or a battery drain problem ?

The charging bug. Have to re start phone before i charge.

No serious drain issues especially since i am running an Always-On Voip app.

• Advertisement

Is it just me or are their servers overloaded. Only have about 20MB downloaded after an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'm updated... nothing much to report so far... no noticeable differences on first inspection, other than the fact that they've coloured in the notification icons.

Downloaded just now
    Software no. 2.10.161.7

Anyone notice where the Sound Profile Widget gone since update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

wonski wrote: »
    Thanks,

Ordered it today, €33 delivered from UK.

Should do the job.

What site did you get it from for €33 delivered? Thanks

WexIan wrote: »

You should be able to install this modified one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vni8s3an2kpudam/HtcProfilesWidget.apk?dl=0

What site did you get it from for €33 delivered? Thanks

Apologies for late reply, only noticed your post now.

https://ie.mobilefun.com/52217-spigen-slim-armor-htc-one-m9-case-gunmetal.htm

Mobile fun. €33.48 total delivered. Delivery took 2-3 days iirc.

Good quality cover.

WexIan wrote: »

All I noticed was Do Not Disturb mode coming automatically on when you put the volume to 0. Did not come on on Vibrate mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Mine seems to be charging much faster since the update.

While on the subject of cases, have been using the official HTC active pro case a bit. It's pretty good, doesn't add a huge amount of bulk to the device.

Only real downsides so far is the external speakers are affected a bit (as you'd expect behind a membrane), and the charging port is round, so if you're not using an HTC charger, you may need to do a bit of DIY to make it fit the hole.

I guess the real test will be when I go to Spain and have it in the pool, and down at the beach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

All I noticed was Do Not Disturb mode coming automatically on when you put the volume to 0. Did not come on on Vibrate mode.

Is there a way to turn off dnd mode when silent. It's annoying keeping phone on vibrate. I usually would have mine in silent mode most of the day.

DarkBlonde wrote:
    Is there a way to turn off dnd mode when silent. It's annoying keeping phone on vibrate. I usually would have mine in silent mode most of the day.

When you turn off DND, the volume goes up itself. It just additional icon on the display.

DarkBlonde wrote: »

DND is silent, essentially. Prority mode is silent that lets your chosen notifications come through.

Ah, ignore the above. The phone now goes to silent mode when volume is set just above zero, and if you move it left to zero the DND is activated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

my phone has just died. I put it too charge last night and it wont turn on now. I tried connecting it back up to the charger and holding the power button but it only flashes a red light and that goes off again

It has been comsuming power and getting hot quite fast recently

PTH2009 wrote: »
    my phone has just died. I put it too charge last night and it wont turn on now. I tried connecting it back up to the charger and holding the power button but it only flashes a red light and that goes off again

It has been comsuming power and getting hot quite fast recently

What happens when you hold down power and vol+ for about 20-30 seconds?

Basil3 wrote: »
    What happens when you hold down power and vol+ for about 20-30 seconds?

It stared to charge using another usb cable but i brought the phone out to the shop and it didnt charge using a good usb cable os it could possibly be phone could be damaged. Its still under warranty so i can use my old iphone while its being fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Speakers sound amazing, just listened to this at full volume and its damn impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Hoping someone on here can help. I bought an M9 back at Easter (a Three handset, my current carrier). And I purchased an unlocking code from an online site. Which works fine, apart from one thing. Using a Vodafone sim, I can make calls fine. But I can't access their mobile data signal (3G or 4G). Called into my local Vodafone store and explained the situation to the bloke there. He was very helpful, contacted Vodafone and they suggested he tried my sim in a suitable Vodafone handset. Which he did, and it connected straight away. Apparently the problem is that the phone wasn't factory unlocked. So I got onto Three and requested an unlock code, which has come through today. Problem is, when I insert the Vodafone sim, I'm not getting the prompt to unlock the phone as (I'm guessing) the phone is already "unlocked". Is there any way around this apart from going through the "reset phone"option? Indeed, would the reset lock the handset back to the original network again?

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    Hoping someone on here can help. I bought an M9 back at Easter (a Three handset, my current carrier). And I purchased an unlocking code from an online site. Which works fine, apart from one thing. Using a Vodafone sim, I can make calls fine. But I can't access their mobile data signal (3G or 4G). Called into my local Vodafone store and explained the situation to the bloke there. He was very helpful, contacted Vodafone and they suggested he tried my sim in a suitable Vodafone handset. Which he did, and it connected straight away. Apparently the problem is that the phone wasn't factory unlocked. So I got onto Three and requested an unlock code, which has come through today. Problem is, when I insert the Vodafone sim, I'm not getting the prompt to unlock the phone as (I'm guessing) the phone is already "unlocked". Is there any way around this apart from going through the "reset phone"option? Indeed, would the reset lock the handset back to the original network again?

Did you check network settings? I know it sounds like silly questions but simple solutions often work.

Did you check network settings? I know it sounds like silly questions but simple solutions often work.
    I did. The "preferred network mode" is set to 2G/3G/4G auto.

blueser wrote: »
    I did. The "preferred network mode" is set to 2G/3G/4G auto.

I meant the actual network settings for Vodafone.

APN should be live.vodafone.com

I meant the actual network settings for Vodafone.

APN should be live.vodafone.com
    Yes, I asked that here;

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057476872

You see the answer I was given. In the vodafone store they filled in a few more fields, so I now have:
    Name: Vodafone Internet
    APN: live.vodafone.com
    Proxy: 10.24.59.100
    Port: 80
    Username: Dublin
    Password: Dublin
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: Notset
    MMS Proxy: Not set
    MMS Port: Not set
    MMS Protocol: WAP2.0
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 01
    Authentication type: PAP
    APN type: default
    APN enable/disable: APN enabled (in faint type)
    Bearer: Unspecified

I'm assuming those must be correct as they were dictated over the phone to the assistant in the shop. Am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Anyone had an issue with the vibration not working on the M9? Got the phone about 3 weeks ago and usually have it on loud but only noticed in the last few days the vibration mode doesnt work.

Ran the vibration diagnostic test and still no joy.

Will have to return it now :(

Anyone had an issue with the vibration not working on the M9? Got the phone about 3 weeks ago and usually have it on loud but only noticed in the last few days the vibration mode doesnt work.

Ran the vibration diagnostic test and still no joy.

Will have to return it now :(

I know of 3 different people that have had to return M9 due to dead vibration motors. Did the test say it was dead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

After 3 days in there is a crack on my camera lens. A perfectly straight vertical crack . It didn't fall and I've been extremely careful (since uts new)

Only thing I can think of is yesterday I watched a film and noticed it got very hot. So hot I turned the film off until it cooled.

Today I noticed the crack. It's not affecting pics yet as it is not in the centre. It's about 75% of the way across

This happen to anyone? Seems to have happened to a few in the US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Not likely it's to do with heat. Either user damage or factory fault. But HTC are quite good at looking after such issues. Get in touch with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Not likely it's to do with heat. Either user damage or factory fault. But HTC are quite good at looking after such issues. Get in touch with them

Thanks for reply. Def not user damage as its only new and I've been very careful. It never fell or banged anywhere. TBH it could have been there from day one and I only just noticed and associated how hot it got

Will get onto HTC

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I see that HTC have updated the M9. Called the One M9+ Aurora Edition. No real change to the hardware except for the camera.

A bump from 20 to 21MP, optical image stabilization and with laser autofocus.

I see that HTC have updated the M9. Called the One M9+ Aurora Edition. No real change to the hardware except for the camera.

A bump from 20 to 21MP, optical image stabilization and with laser autofocus.

It's actually called the M9+ Supreme Camera Edition (I know, Aurora would have been better). Highly doubt we will ever see it in these parts. HTC's strategy is bizarre, am seriously giving up on them.

http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-one-m9-plus-supreme-camera-645189/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

They should have given it a catchier name... something like the Super Awesome Ultra Mega Supreme Camera Edition *sigh*

Still interested... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

anyone any idea when HTC will bring out a new M version?

have an S5 at the minute but interested in switching to HTC, don't wanna buy the M9 now for it to be out of date in a few months though?

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »
    anyone any idea when HTC will bring out a new M version?

have an S5 at the minute but interested in switching to HTC, don't wanna buy the M9 now for it to be out of date in a few months though?

They are releasing a device on October 20th which will run android M. It's not a flagship though, more midrange.

The M8 and M9 will both receive marshmallow before the end of the year, according to an announcement by HTC a few days ago.

Their next flagship won't come out until March/April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Hi guys,

Where's the cheapest place to get this phone?
    Either SIM Free online or decent bill (30-40 per month) in Ireland.

Would I be better waiting until February?

Thanks.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Where's the cheapest place to get this phone?
    Either SIM Free online or decent bill (30-40 per month) in Ireland.

Would I be better waiting until February?

Thanks.

If you're waiting until February, then you might as well wait until March/April when the M10 is out.

If you're buying now, I would get the M8. Overall, it's as least as good, and it is receiving Marshmallow before the M9 (being pushed out to unbranded devices today).

I always buy sim free, cheaper in the long run for me. Have a look on DoneDeal I bought my M9 there and got receipts from seller.

Is it worth buying the official HTC fast charger ???.

My phone had a faulty USB port and it got fixed but the phone still gets extremely hot when I'm using it

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is it worth buying the official HTC fast charger ???.

My phone had a faulty USB port and it got fixed but the phone still gets extremely hot when I'm using it

You don't need to buy official, just a certified Qualcomm 2.0 charger.

I think they are good, but HTC hasn't got quick charging anywhere near as well optimised as Samsung.

Do you mean you phone gets hot when using it in general, or when using it when it's connected to a charger? You shouldn't use your phone when it's charging, especially if you're quick charging.

For the record, I'm currently running a marshmallow ROM, and it seems to run generally pretty cool.

I use a quickcharge 2 charger with my M9 and it has been brilliant. I cant remember the timing but i think it was going up 2% per min for the first 60%

It rarely gets hot anymore except when i am using it and charging at the same time.

I use a fast charger and no problems.
    How are people finding new Marshmallow update, any problems yet?

• Advertisement
Advertisement