Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC M9 thread

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

My HTC M9 just randomly turned off and stated rebooting last night and it keeps doing it.

I pressed the two volume buttons and power button together and get a option to:
    Reboot
    Reboot to Bootloader
    Boot to Download Mode
    Boot to Recovery Mode
    Power Down

I selected Boot to Recovery Mode and all that happens is there is an image of a phone on the screen with a red triangle and exclamation mark. Then the phone just continues to reboot with the white screen coming up with the HTC logo.

Any idea what I can do to get phone back working?

Just seems to have packed in.

Thanks

My HTC M9 just randomly turned off and stated rebooting last night and it keeps doing it.

I pressed the two volume buttons and power button together and get a option to:
    Reboot
    Reboot to Bootloader
    Boot to Download Mode
    Boot to Recovery Mode
    Power Down

I selected Boot to Recovery Mode and all that happens is there is an image of a phone on the screen with a red triangle and exclamation mark. Then the phone just continues to reboot with the white screen coming up with the HTC logo.

Any idea what I can do to get phone back working?

Just seems to have packed in.

Thanks

So you can't get to recovery at all? If you can get to recovery, I'd try wiping cache. If that doesn't work, then factory reset from recovery.

Basil3 wrote: »
    So you can't get to recovery at all? If you can get to recovery, I'd try wiping cache. If that doesn't work, then factory reset from recovery.

Ok I managed to figure out how to get into the wipe cache option and wiped it. It the gave me an option to reboot which I did and now it just seems to keep rebooting like previously :(

Ok I managed to figure out how to get into the wipe cache option and wiped it. It the gave me an option to reboot which I did and now it just seems to keep rebooting like previously :(

You might have to try factory reset then.... you'll lose all your data, though

You might have to try factory reset then.... you'll lose all your data, though

I did a factory reset and it now is just frozen on the white HTC android screen.

Any other ideas?

I did a factory reset and it now is just frozen on the white HTC android screen.

Any other ideas?

How long has it been frozen for? It can stay there for a long time.

It would still be under warranty, so I'd contact wherever you bought it, or HTC.

How long has it been frozen for? It can stay there for a long time.

It would still be under warranty, so I'd contact wherever you bought it, or HTC.

I think I bought it under 2 years ago.

It was frozen for about 15 mins, should I have left it for longer?

Thanks

I think I bought it under 2 years ago.

It was frozen for about 15 mins, should I have left it for longer?

Thanks

It can take that long for something to happen after a full reset sometimes. There's other things you could try to get it working, but I wouldn't risk invalidating your warranty. The M9 came out just under 2 years ago, so you're definitely fine for warranty. I'd just get onto it ASAP.

It might also help if you join HTC elevate. They have a premium support channel which means you should get looked after a bit better.

https://elevate.htc.com/authentication/register

It can take that long for something to happen after a full reset sometimes. There's other things you could try to get it working, but I wouldn't risk invalidating your warranty. The M9 came out just under 2 years ago, so you're definitely fine for warranty. I'd just get onto it ASAP.

It might also help if you join HTC elevate. They have a premium support channel which means you should get looked after a bit better.

https://elevate.htc.com/authentication/register

Thanks, I am onto 3 mobile who my contract is with and phone got through. Contract is over so just on a rolling contract.

Should I go through 3 or through HTC directly myself?

I tried to sign up for HTC Elevate, they said its by invitation only. I will send an email address anyway to them.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I am onto 3 mobile who my contract is with and phone got through. Contract is over so just on a rolling contract.

Try 3, they might just tell you to contact HTC.

I am chatting on the live chat to an agent on 3. He told me to bring it to a shop to get it looked at and now he is telling me there is a phone server signal issue and that is the reason the phone is not working and it will start working soon.

Is he mad or am I mad not believing him?

I am chatting on the live chat to an agent on 3. He told me to bring it to a shop to get it looked at and now he is telling me there is a phone server signal issue and that is the reason the phone is not working and it will start working soon.

Is he mad or am I mad not believing him?

That's not gonna cause a bootloop. Take it into a shop anyway. Do it sooner rather than later, or they might be difficult with the warranty.

I tried to sign up for HTC Elevate, they said its by invitation only. I will send an email address anyway to them.

Are you in Dublin? If you could bring it to SBE in Rathcoole, they will repair or send to UK if they cannot do the repair. Last time I used them had my phone back exactly one week after dropping it in.

Brought it back to 3 shop this afternoon, said they will send it off to HTC and should have it back in 2/3 weeks.

Will update when I hear back from them. Never had any issues with phone before & always looked after it.

Advertisement