Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

From April, Youtube won't run on certain 2012 and earlier TVs and DVD players

• 22-03-2015 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭

Spotted a message on the Smart TV function menu on my 2011 Sony BDP-S480 Blu-Ray player, it directed me to http://www.youtube.com/devicesupport where I see that they are withdrawing support for Sony and Panasonic TVs and DVD/Blu-Ray players from April......

Certain older YouTube apps will no longer be supported after April 2015

Devices affected: Selected devices manufactured in 2012 and earlier, including Sony TVs & Blu-ray Players, Panasonic TVs & Blu-ray Players and devices running Google TV.

On 20 April 2015, we will no longer support the YouTube app on certain device models from 2012 and older, as we upgrade the Data API that these apps are based on.

And this next bit really cracked me up....

How can I continue using YouTube on my TV?

If you have a web browser on your smart TV that supports Flash and/or html5, you may be able to continue using YouTube by visiting youtube.com in your browser.

Indeed, 'if' your 2012 or earlier TV has a browser that supports Flash - yeah right! Even when they were new, my TV and Blu-Ray player browsers didn't support Flash!

Comments

Advertisement