Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expiring credit card query

Options
  • 22-03-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a BOI CC which is expiring in August 2015. I need to book a number of things on it soon, one of these including car hire during August 2015. I will need to present the same valid card to them in August, so how will this work? Will the new card be sent out during August and I can just not use it while continuing to use the old one until the end of August? Would this be okay or would it cause any problems?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The old card will work up to the end of August provided you don't use the new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Paddy001 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a BOI CC which is expiring in August 2015. I need to book a number of things on it soon, one of these including car hire during August 2015. I will need to present the same valid card to them in August, so how will this work? Will the new card be sent out during August and I can just not use it while continuing to use the old one until the end of August? Would this be okay or would it cause any problems?

Thanks for your help
    Hi Paddy001,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Your current Credit card is valid until the last day of the expiration month. 

A renewal card will automatically be issued to the address on your account in the 1st week of the expiry month. If you require the card sooner than this date please call Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 / 00353 56 77 57747 and a representative will be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Tara C 

Advertisement