Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Music that grabs you right now

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

And on a different note entirely; Du Hast by Rammstein:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From Steely Dan's Aja album, which was just right for me last Sunday:

Perfectionists, they went through seven top session guitarists before they were happy with the guitar solo ...

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Weird the way music takes you back. I was in France for a lot of 2013 and remember when that song came out in May of that year. It was everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Can't stop listening to this, from this weeks Above & Beyond Group Therapy podcast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

American Sound Studios, Memphis Tennessee. January 1969.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Not really a fan of Spoon, but this song I dig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

When people hear the word Dubstep, they usually think this really annoying loud music that you'd have to be yoked off your mind to enjoy, but Dubstep is Burial. This guy is as mysterious as his music. I think there is no better music to listen to whilst panned out on the couch or on your bed and you're just thinking about everything. When I used work late nights I used have to walk about a half hour home through the city at about 1/2am and I used always play Burial. Absolutely incredible how lost you get in it and the elements of last night in the city, the cold, the dark, the street lights, the traffic breezing by, the fear associated with being alone in the city at night...the music just heightens everything

I think I have a favourite track by him everyday as he has never released a bad one but I quite like this for the vocals.... Burial has to be listened through good headphones though, it really cannot be understated

This too is ridiculous.

Anyone who hasn't should do themselves a favour and at least listen to his "Untrue" album...one of the best albums of the last 20 years and certainly the best album I have heard in the last decade.

Good headphones. Lights out. Relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

I wholeheartedly agree with everything Talib has just said and described

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Liking the Buried stuff so far. I'm sure it'll grow on me even more, too.

Heard this for the first time about a year ago and had to instantly go ask the guy playing it what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Knex. wrote: »
    Liking the Buried stuff so far. I'm sure it'll grow on me even more, too.

Heard this for the first time about a year ago and had to instantly go ask the guy playing it what it was.

You've surely heard this then? :D

Have indeed!

Not an official video but this western/mexican ambient-y Calexico track works so well with the footage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Simply one of the all time great love songs.

Aidric wrote: »
    Simply one of the all time great love songs.

Great song. Sad to hear of his son passing yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BO-JANGLES

Lukas graham, I listen to this album all week great tunes and lyrics.

The Black Angels - Young Men Dead

Can't stop listening to this absolute head bopper

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

An old favourite, though probably by myself on this one

Also listening to Kimya Dawson and Adam Green again, after catching Kimya's gig into a few months ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Andy Stott from Manchester, latest album on repeat constantly the last few months.

And a lot of Rezzett too. Burial fans up in here will hopefully dig this

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

One for those on the women in HR thread

Started off my morning hearing this for the first time, good start to the day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Man, I'd forgotten about that track. Good call PM. Though I'd disagree with you re the video. I think it's a great video myself. IMH of course.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The video for Starlight is absolutely fantastic. Love it.

I've remonstrated with people at parties for attempting to skip Starlight prior to its completion

Thats right.....I party

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Been listening to the recently released remastered(yet again) Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and it finally got the mix it deserved. Sounds quite different, much brighter and more open.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Wibbs wrote: »
    Been listening to the recently released remastered(yet again) Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and it finally got the mix it deserved. Sounds quite different, much brighter and more open.

Same.

Really got into The Beatles 4 or 5 years ago, listen to them most days.

If you are ever in Vegas, I'd urge you to attend the Cirque de Soleil show, Love.

It's soundtracked entirely by Beatles songs.

Breathtaking doesn't come close to describing it.

One of my favourite songs of the past few years. A real sit back and relax one. Puts me in a great head space.

And an Everything Everything song. Don't know how to describe these, tbh. Indie Rock is the genre, but they've hints of Bowie and all sorts in their music. Their last album, Get to Heaven, was outstanding. Can't wait for their new one.

Great craic belting along to this song, and the lyrics are a joy. "Its alright, to feel like a fat child in a push chair. Old enough to run. Old enough, to fire a gun". All with a great build up and crescendo.

This song, 'Regret', 'To The Blade', and 'Spring, Summer, Winter, Dread' are the fantastic, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I've got Bonnie and Clyde by Serge Gainsbourg and Brigitte Bardot on repeat. I still can't tell if it's terrible or brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

As a rule shows like the xfactor and the like are a pet hate of mine. I think they are cruel, exploitative and lowest common denominator stuff but sometimes, sometimes, an absolute gem is unearthed.

A mate of mine posted this on FB last year and it recently cropped up in my memories. This young ladies voice took my breath away when I first heard it and it still raises the hairs on the back of my neck. Proof positive that some people are just born with a natural talent, you cannot learn this.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

^^^^ Wow, that is amazing.

And I agree with your bit about shows like The X-Factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Really like these two current songs...VERY upbeat:D:D:D

Dan Auerbach - Shine On Me

UMAN - Flamin Day

Advertisement