Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 World Cup - Semifinal 2 - Australia v India

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Just listening to Newstalk radio - sports fella gives the score out and announces that Australia will now face New Zealand in the final!!! Must be a big time delay.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

positron wrote: »
    Couple of sixes from Dhoni, if that man can turn this match around and win, he can do whatever he want with me (if he want to do anything with 30+ straight male that is..)

Your virtue is safe, he's just got out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

India never gave themselves a chance after an excellent start from Dhawan....

The best 2 sides in the final no doubt about that

Going, going, gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Going to be some atmosphere during the final anyway! If it's anything like their group game it is going to be amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Australia will be favourites for the final......it will be NZ's first match in Australia during the World Cup .......those top edges won't fly into the stands at Melbourne!!!

As a neutral I am just going to sit back, enjoy the Maxwell and McCullum show and hope NZ win bcos this is their best chance ever at winning the World Cup I think

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭tmq

Yes I think Melbourne just tips it the Aussies way, otherwise the Kiwis.

Lets hope they both put on a great show... has the potential to be one of the great matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Australia played very good cricket so they deserved to win. Credit where its due to Smith, always scores runs when it matters unlike a lot more vaunted players.

For India, think this proves Rahene opener or nowhere, he really has not done enough to be persisted with in this format. Guys like Jadhev all waiting in the wings.

Also poor world cup for Kohli, they needed more from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭tmq

Yes, Kohli was very dissapointing after being brilliant through the test series.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Also poor world cup for Kohli, they needed more from him.

Could he have done more earlier today? In a situation that was rapidly becoming impossible?

Sorry misread above, I thought he said that Dhoni had played badly!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭Gillespy

To put it in context, Finch was rubbish with 81 because his strike rate was around 70. Rjd2 has impossible standards.;)

I agree with him here. 78-2 when Kohli went in the 16th over, the game was still very much alive. 1 off 13 was poor. As the premier ODI batsman in the world, he has been disappointing. India needed him to do what Sangakkara did on that ground against Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yeah in retrospect a little harsh on Finch, but he did speed it up once I posted that, so well done him.

Amla and Kohli who plundered runs left right and centre simply have not shown up in this competition. Yes their has been players who have done much worse than them, e.g Dwayne Smith, Ahmed Shezhad, Marlon Samuels and Eoin Morgan, but these 2 so much more was expected of.

I have written of Amla as a bilateral series bully a long time ago, I don't think Kohli is that, his performance in the world cup semi final t20 was absolute clutch last year, he just happens to be in a bad rut at the moment. He is still quite young though, so may have 2 more world cups left in him.

Advertisement