Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wire for light fitting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Battery powered LED options are so good now they would be a lot more convenient than what you are describing.

Something like this: http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/garden/camping-and-caravan-equipment/uni-com-48-led-camping-tent-light-130306

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

Battery powered LED options are so good now they would be a lot more convenient than what you are describing.

Something like this: http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/garden/camping-and-caravan-equipment/uni-com-48-led-camping-tent-light-130306

I work in the shed on occasion so need something I can have on for a few hours at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Well then I'd get an electrician in to do the job, bury an armoured cable and wire it properly.

Alternatives are

1. Using an LED light which might need a battery once or twice a year even with heavy use.

2. Leaving a door or window open with an extension lead trailing across the garden creating a trip hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Alucan

3x1.5 flex is the cable you will need

And life assurance in case the trip hazard gets you 😊

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Alucan wrote: »

Generally you are correct.
    Not always!

• Advertisement

Well then I'd get an electrician in to do the job, bury an armoured cable and wire it properly.

Alternatives are

1. Using an LED light which might need a battery once or twice a year even with heavy use.

2. Leaving a door or window open with an extension lead trailing across the garden creating a trip hazard.

Tried to get electrician to do the job but unfortunately they all too lazy to bury the wire and the 4 (yes that's four!) I asked for quotes all wanted to string wires along the fence. Considering the fence is only woodlap which has a habit of coming down in storms, I don't think that's really safe! Get an electrician they say, it's the safest way to go :rolleyes:

1) Tried LED lighting and used up 4 aaa batteries in a few days. They not cheap either.

2) Perfect! :)

Alucan wrote: »

And life assurance in case the trip hazard gets you 😊

Thank you, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

rechargeable batteries, 3 sets?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

rechargeable batteries, 3 sets?

Tried that one also but would need multiple lights and is also pain in the butt having to keep changing batteries. The plug in option is what best suits me but thanks for advice :)

Advertisement