Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

140cc Briggs & Stratton Engine

Options
  • 23-03-2015 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi,
    woodies is currently selling a lawnmower on sale @ €199 (instead €299)... it has a Briggs&Stratton engine and as far as I know that s a good engine

I m thinking to get it.. my garden is super small but I still have to cut grass!

anybody has experience with this item?

also, what kinda oil goes into it and where can i get it ? (sorry, my first machine!)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

SAE30. You could even run it on 10W30 for the car as a multigrade will do what the monograde does but I don't see any circumstances in which I'd be so miserly as to put anything but SAE30 in to a lawnmower.

If the lawn is so small why not get a push cylinder mower. Easier to store and transport. Reliable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

1 more thing.. what s the normal engine break-in period? 10 hours?
    thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

There isn't really a break in period especially as some of the cheaper lawnmowers don't even have a throttle.
    There used to be advice in the handbook to change the oil after 1 hour of use on a new machine.

Advertisement