Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling travel insurance

Options
  • 23-03-2015 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I'm due to fly out this Thursday, and I'll be flying back to Dublin within a few days. It's just a visit to activate the visa, which expires in May.

I still need to get my travel insurance sorted out, but I'm wondering a) is there any risk in buying the insurance and then cancelling it, seen as I'll be coming straight home and b) what's the most effective method of doing this?

Finally, am I wrong in saying that you only need three things to attain the visa once you land: POE, proof of insurance and proof of funds?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Bad advice! What if the OP gets to Canada to get their visa and is asked for it? They'd get a visitor visa and then have to get the insurance anyway and try plan a border run to the US within their trip.

Best thing you can do OP is read the 'Cooling off' part of the T's and C's of some for the insurance policies and see what works. Mine had 10 days to cancel from when it was taken out (Not from when visa was activated). So take it out a few days before you travel and cancel within the time frame. For peace of mind you could always get another policy when you decide to come back, especially if you plan to play sports / winter sports. I believe ambulances can be very expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement