Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a car parking space in Cork city.

Options
  • 23-03-2015 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi, I am starting a two day course in Dublin but can't yet afford to move up there full time. Is there any place in Cork city I could leave my car for 2/3 days a week and just take the coach up.
    Thanks so much.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

There are a few places that do all day for 8 quid, dunno about a few days in a row however.. Are you far from the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I parked in Penrose Quay on Saturday morning and i'm pretty sure they had a sign up saying "enqire at the security desk for overnight rates". It is the multistory right across the river from the bus station.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 GraceCareer

Hi, I live in West Cork at the moment and most places will only allow 24 hours at most.
    Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭mrskinner

Cork airport? Mallow rail station?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭TheChizler

You could find a spot in the suburbs but I doubt the residents would be happy. Is the bus not an option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

ill pm you there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Infracted

UCC students use : google.ie/maps/@51.888819,-8.503413,3a,75y,327.57h,75.32t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sBg1Jasaent5RVxp23RzCSg!2e0 Some leave their cars there all week but theres always a few spots there at the end of the day or early morning. If you drive nothing flash next to Collins Barracks up Patricks Hill might be a safe enough spot which is free and only a 5 minute walk to the buses.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

What about the train station car park?
    Leave it there and use Park by text?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 GraceCareer

Thanks so much, I will definitely check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Would you consider driving to the red cow park and ride? The car park signs there say max 24 hour parking but I emailed them before and was told I could put 2 'one day' tickets on there for a 48 hour stay.

The car park is safe and at 4 euro a day for having the convenience of having the car in Dublin it might be worth It

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ofcork

Red cow a bit far from cork!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You can rent parking spaces by the month: http://www.daft.ie/cork-city/parking-spaces/

/edit: Sorry, I see now it's just for a couple of days that you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Hi Folks, rather than open a new thread I was hoping to use this one.

I'm going to be in Cork this Saturday / Sunday. Can any one recommend where to park the car near Glasheen road all day Saturday / Sunday.

Edit: I don't mind paying a reasonable price for parking for Saturday/Sunday just don't want to be ****ed over!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭mrskinner

UCC students use : google.ie/maps/@51.888819,-8.503413,3a,75y,327.57h,75.32t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sBg1Jasaent5RVxp23RzCSg!2e0 Some leave their cars there all week but theres always a few spots there at the end of the day or early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Hi Folks, rather than open a new thread I was hoping to use this one.

I'm going to be in Cork this Saturday / Sunday. Can any one recommend where to park the car near Glasheen road all day Saturday / Sunday.

Edit: I don't mind paying a reasonable price for parking for Saturday/Sunday just don't want to be ****ed over!

You can park outside my house on Pouladuff Rd. it's free and safe.

Advertisement