Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting agent signed me up for a different suppler- want to switch back.

Options
  • 23-03-2015 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
     I have been a customer of Electric Ireland for several years now and have recently moved house.
    I closed my account at my previous address and have paid my final bill.
    My letting agent told me that they would set up the utility accounts at my new address but it seems that they have signed me up with a different supplier who are now requesting a €300 security deposit to activate my account.
    As I never intended to switch suppliers I was wondering if I PM my details, would it be possible to set up my electricity account with Electric Ireland at my new address from now.
    (I moved on 27/02/15).
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi MrSilly,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Yes, you can indeed switch to Electric Ireland - thanks for your interest. If you would like to avail of our discounts (direct debit required) you can make the switch here on our website.

The electricity meter point reference number (MPRN) of your address would be required (GPRN for gas if relevant) and meter-reading(s). You will receive a bill from the other provider for the short period of time that your supply was from them, but you will be billed by Electric Ireland for usage from the point of the meter-reading you provide us.

Do let us know if you have any further queries.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement