Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post grad dentistry with any basic undergrad?

Options
  • 23-03-2015 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I'm currently doing an undergrad in English and history and intend to finish with a 2.1. I only choise this degree as I am a serious sporting athlete on a scholarship,and as I didn't know what I wanted to do when I finished school,this degree was perfect as it allowed me to train 20+ hours a week while studying a basic undergrad.This time has also allowed me to decide what Career I would like to pursue when I finish my undergrad,and retire from my sport next year.
    I have decided that I would like to do dentistry,although this might sound crazy as my undergrad is in arts,I sat all the sciences for my leaving cert,and did well in them,so work load and content should not be a problem.
    So what I want to know is:
    Is there an access route to dentistry in Ireland which would accept an arts undergrad?
    I wI'll only be 22 when I intend to start,so will not be old enough to qualify for a mature student entry.
    Also I have no desire to go abroad,and am aware of the costs.
    Any help would be much appreciated!
    Many thanks!

Advertisement