Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abes Oddworld

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I need to work on a devious plan to make me some more of these Nostalgia Dollars, I'd be a rich man if I could bottle Remastered-Lightning :(

Would be a grand way to spend 8 hours and €10, no more, no less. But that's just my take on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

is it free on PS plus this month ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The remake is a good game but I much prefer the original. The lighting and lack of detail in the backgrounds spoils the atmosphere somewhat. Worth picking up but with the US version on US PSN or available on PC those are the versions I'd go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yo damn, didn't realise the classic versions are this cheap on Steam!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Either my ability to feel has been crushed in the last ~15 years, or this is a very "cold" version of the original. Enjoyed it still but it just seems to have lost its charm a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I haven't enjoyed it that much. I've found myself having to restart entire levels twice due to being stuck in an area and not being able to get back. There should be a lift but it's just gone for some reason.

So I haven't gone back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

same happened to me tok9.

Think they remade that part and left out the lifts by mistake, as they were their on the old ones.
    Really enjoyed the game :) still play it every now and again for speed runs
    but the original is better, seems to have a better darker tone to it or something but this one is one of the better remakes of old games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

Matthewmatosis did a great video on this. Basically, it's a poor remake that loses the atmosphere and soul of the original.

Advertisement