Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Direct Debit

Options
  • 23-03-2015 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

If I set up a DD to pay my credit card in full every month when will the payment be taken, ie is there a set time after bill issue, like 3 days before the due date, or whatever?  I don't see an option on the DD form to specify a payment date.
    Will I still get the statement posted to me in advance to check that all is well?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Teagwee, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie

Can I first ask you to confirm if you are setting up a Direct Debit on an existing BOI Credit card or if you are applying for a new Credit card product. 

Thanks, 

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

Hi Teagwee, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie

Can I first ask you to confirm if you are setting up a Direct Debit on an existing BOI Credit card or if you are applying for a new Credit card product. 

Thanks, 

Elaine 
    It's a long existing credit card and similar current account - normally pay by 365, either online or by phone.  I'd like to be sure I can get a look at transactions without logging in before the bill is paid.  Thanks for reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Teagwee, 

Thanks you for clarifying that. 

When you set up a Direct Debit on your account it will not change your existing due date. Your statement will print as normal and will be issued to your address. Your due date will also be printed in this statement and the amount which the Direct Debit will take. On the due date Credit Card Services will request the full amount from your current account. 

If you wish to change your due date you can submit this request through the Online Service desk via 365Online. Alternatively, please call BOI Card Services on 0818 251 251 and a representative will be happy to help. 

Just to mention, when you set up a Direct Debit, it will take one full billing cycle to take effect. To avoid unnecessary fees we would always advise to continue to make manual transfers until you can see the direct debit amount due on your statement. 

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

Advertisement