Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a Dry Lube

• 23-03-2015 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Being using Finish Line Wet Lube for a number of years now (even in summer) and want to try a dry lube.

Work colleague recommended

http://www.jensonusa.com/!zdDN5uzwZonaE8gvAwdBEg!/Rock-N-Roll-Extreme-Lube

If you're not on amazon does anybody know a European based supplier who can ship this via land (cannot be shipped by air) at a reasonable cost ?

Alternatively any other dry lube come highly recommended ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Use this stuff myself, chain reaction used to do it but stopped a couple of years ago. Price is for large bottle and comes with a smaller dispensing bottle. Will last for ages.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008XKHLFG/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000IQCMD4&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1T93V176JZZEV9F4GXGD

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

is that extreme stuff a dry lube? extreme in the name doesn't put me in mind of dry sunny days..:)

recently started using the weldtite TF2 dry lube, no complaints so far, pretty happy with their wet lube up till now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

move to after hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭pprendeville

find this pure dry lube great. eco friendly but small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I use Bike Hut stuff from halfords. Have no reason to change it to anything else. I use their wet lube on my winter/wet bike, again does its job well and have no reason to buy anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭jamesd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭easygoing39

When I've used dry chain lube in the past I've found it hard to guage when it's time to relube the chain again.Due to the fact that the chain is dry 10 minutes after dry lubing it.Do you just reapply once a week regardless or what??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Great stuff, keeps the drivetrain very clean:

Gold-500x500.jpg

Also this one for all year round. Not as dry, but I wouldn't call it a wet lube either. A great balance for our roads and keeps the drivetrain clean:

Purple%20Extreme-500x500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭G1032

Seweryn wrote: »

Also this one for all year round. Not as dry, but I wouldn't call it a wet lube either. A great balance for our roads and keeps the drivetrain clean:

Purple%20Extreme-500x500.gif

Where do you buy that Purple Extreme?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭Seweryn

G1032 wrote: »
    Where do you buy that Purple Extreme?
    I got it in the UKbikestore online.

• Advertisement
Advertisement