Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation system crashed today

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

At last the phone number recovery appears to have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

machalla wrote: »
    At last the phone number recovery appears to have happened.
    Thanks for updating the thread machalla

I can confirm that a member of eircoms complaints team will follow up with a call to you later today to discus this case further.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Hi Alan,

Yes we had a call from Siobhan before 11am.

Siobhan has offered some compensation in the form of credit on the account which is something.

Again I can appreciate the personal effort on trying to resolve this Alan by yourself.  If I've been negative it is about the entirety of the process rather than all the individuals involved.  Some like yourself and Siobhan have certainly tried to help.  Many of the customer service staff, less so.

Overall its been largely a disaster in terms of what should have been a relatively simple move of a broadband contract.

I've spent a day off work to be sure things went smoothly with installs, plus quite a lot of my time and disruption for my mother in the course of this.

Knowing what I know now I'd never have touched Eircom and certainly can't recommend anyone takes the risk of moving to (or back) to a service like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

machalla wrote: »
    Hi Alan,

Yes we had a call from Siobhan before 11am.

Siobhan has offered some compensation in the form of credit on the account which is something.

Again I can appreciate the personal effort on trying to resolve this Alan by yourself.  If I've been negative it is about the entirety of the process rather than all the individuals involved.  Some like yourself and Siobhan have certainly tried to help.  Many of the customer service staff, less so.

Overall its been largely a disaster in terms of what should have been a relatively simple move of a broadband contract.

I've spent a day off work to be sure things went smoothly with installs, plus quite a lot of my time and disruption for my mother in the course of this.

Knowing what I know now I'd never have touched Eircom and certainly can't recommend anyone takes the risk of moving to (or back) to a service like this.
    Thanks machalla,

I fully understand your views on this and I sincerely apologise for the negative experience overall. I will use this case for feedback to operations to help prevent this happening again. If there is anything I can help with in future please do let me know.

Al

Advertisement