Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation system crashed today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Ok, thanks for trying Alan.

Any update on this?

I've heard nothing at this point from anyone in Eircom despite assurances to the contrary

Not a word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

machalla wrote: »
    Not a word.
    Hi Machalla

Thanks for taking my call on this. Please PM me how the call with Vodafone turned out.

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

I've just been talking to my relative to try to understand what exactly the proposal is here.

I'll have to send you a pm but as far as I can see we need to contact vodafone to explain to them we want to move to Eircom etc.

This seems odd at best.

And I can't see them leaping to help on this.

I would have thought Eircom has their own channels to talk directly to vodafone or a process to resolve this kind of thing?

I believe there is a Talkto Vodafone forum on boards.ie as well .   Perhaps I can put you all in touch with each other to sort this all out..

I've just been talking to my relative to try to understand what exactly the proposal is here.

I'll have to send you a pm but as far as I can see we need to contact vodafone to explain to them we want to move to Eircom etc.

This seems odd at best.

And I can't see them leaping to help on this.

I would have thought Eircom has their own channels to talk directly to vodafone or a process to resolve this kind of thing?

I believe there is a Talkto Vodafone forum on boards.ie as well .   Perhaps I can put you all in touch with each other to sort this all out..
    Hi machalla

Can I ask that you PM me your mobile contact number please? I was led to believe I was speaking directly to you earlier - apologies.

Al

Hi Alan,

I sent you a pm just there to let you know that we have been in touch with vodafone and ensured that the account has been closed completely.

If you can please move forward on retrieving the phone number now.

Hi Alan,

I sent you a pm just there to let you know that we have been in touch with vodafone and ensured that the account has been closed completely.

If you can please move forward on retrieving the phone number now.
    Cheers machalla

I'll call you soon

AL

Just to update on this.

The request to confirm cancellation (again) with Vodafone was put through last Friday.  It was confirmed at the time over the phone.

Now after checking again today there is no record of a cancellation request with Vodafone.   They are claiming now it will be ten days before the number is released.  I will keep you informed.

I have also sent a PM to you with an additional query related to the account.

• Advertisement

Just to update on this.

The request to confirm cancellation (again) with Vodafone was put through last Friday.  It was confirmed at the time over the phone.

Now after checking again today there is no record of a cancellation request with Vodafone.   They are claiming now it will be ten days before the number is released.  I will keep you informed.

I have also sent a PM to you with an additional query related to the account.
    Thanks for the update machalla

I'll get back to your PM as soon as possible

Thanks
    Al

Alan again to update.  Siobhan called me from Eircom regarding following up on the complaint sent via Comreg.

This is to let you know so you are not at cross purposes with herself.   I have contact details should you need to discuss this directly with her.

Alan again to update.  Siobhan called me from Eircom regarding following up on the complaint sent via Comreg.

This is to let you know so you are not at cross purposes with herself.   I have contact details should you need to discuss this directly with her.
    Thanks machalla

If you could PM me that would be great

Cheers
    Al

Thanks machalla

Cheers
    Al
    I have forwarded you the relevant details by PM Alan.

Thanks machalla

Cheers
    Al
    I have forwarded you the relevant details by PM Alan.
    Thank you

Al

Alan,

The installation of the broadband and evision has completed successfully this morning. So that at least is some good news finally.

So if we can proceed with retrieving the phone number should be all that remains to be resolved from a technical perspective.

Alan,

The installation of the broadband and evision has completed successfully this morning.  So that at least is some good news finally.

So if we can proceed with retrieving the phone number should be all that remains to be resolved from a technical perspective.
    Cheers for the update machalla - Please let me know of further developments in canceling the other line

Al

Cheers for the update machalla - Please let me know of further developments in canceling the other line

Al
    Alan,

I've pm'ed you there.

I believe the phone number is now free on Vodafone. Can you proceed with recovering this please.

Al
    Alan,

I've pm'ed you there.

I believe the phone number is now free on Vodafone. Can you proceed with recovering this please.
    Thanks machalla

I see that is now vacant and I will instruct operations to arrange the number change - I will update you as soon as I have more information

Cheers
    Al

Hi Alan,

The number doesn't appear to be active as of yet.

Anything on your side that can estimate where it is in the process?

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

The number doesn't appear to be active as of yet.

Anything on your side that can estimate where it is in the process?
    Hi machalla

I'm awaiting an update on the number swap from operations and I expect to have some more news this afternoon - I'll get back to you as soon as I have something.
    Cheers
    Al

Alan,

We seemed to be getting an engaged tone last night when we tried to ring the number.

This morning it is back to a disconnected number as it has been since monday.

Any update on your side.

Alan,

Still no change on the number and no update as to where we're at.

This was supposed to have gone through in 48 hours from monday afternoon.

Its Thursday now and we seem to be no further.

Please update as to what has gone wrong.

Again.

Alan,

Still no change on the number and no update as to where we're at.

This was supposed to have gone through in 48 hours from monday afternoon.

Its Thursday now and we seem to be no further.

Please update as to what has gone wrong.

Again.
    Hi machalla

I'm sorry I could not update you yesterday, I'm afraid the number change has not yet completed and it's clear the average timeframe for this has passed. I will need to request clarification from operations as to what is creating the delays and as soon as I have more information I will update you right away.

Thanks
    Al

Alan, I'm not directing this at you personally as you have been as helpful as you can practically be but really this isn't acceptable.

I realise it may be another area letting you down as appears to be the standard practice in Eircom.

At this point we are several weeks past the original incompetent "installation" date and our phone number is still in limbo despite what can only be described as outright lies from Eircom at several points.

To say my relative is sorry they ever got involved with what they describe as the "crooks" at Eircom is an understatement and should stand as a warning for any poor deluded fool who decides to deal with the incompetent mess that is Eircom.

I will be updating Comreg as to the status of the complaint and that it still has not been dealt with at this point.

Alan, I'm not directing this at you personally as you have been as helpful as you can practically be but really this isn't acceptable.

I realise it may be another area letting you down as appears to be the standard practice in Eircom.

At this point we are several weeks past the original incompetent "installation" date and our phone number is still in limbo despite what can only be described as outright lies from Eircom at several points.

To say my relative is sorry they ever got involved with what they describe as the "crooks" at Eircom is an understatement and should stand as a warning for any poor deluded fool who decides to deal with the incompetent mess that is Eircom.

I will be updating Comreg as to the status of the complaint and that it still has not been dealt with at this point

I completely understand your disappointment with this machalla, while you are welcome to raise complaint with comreg I will however do my very best to resolved this as soon as possible and keep you updated with the progress on the number swap.

Thanks
    Al

Into week 7 at this point.

No change.

No update.

Into week 7 at this point.

No change.

No update.

Sincerest apologies for the delays and lack of clarification machalla

I can confirm that this case has been escalated to management. We have identified that the change in number has been delayed as the previous owner of the phone number is down as your name whereas the existing account is now in your Mothers name.

Works are on-going to resolve this as soon and we will update you as soon as we have more information.

Thanks
    Al

I haven't been the "owner" of the number for many years (2004 at the latest and possibly even earlier than that).  I'm absolutely certain that it was in my mothers name with both Vodafone and UTV before that. 

The transfer across from Vodafone that should have happened was from my mothers name to my mothers name.

So where my name is even coming into this I don't know.

Why this has become an issue at this stage I just do not understand.

• Advertisement

To update, Comreg have just called me to say they are monitoring this complaint and will be following up with Eircom tomorrow to ascertain the status of the issue.

No change on phone line.  We are where we were back in March regarding getting the number restored.

Advertisement