Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone tried Amazon FBA?

Options
  • 23-03-2015 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has ever started an amazon business where they buy in bulk from a wholesaler package it up and send it off to amazon to handle shippings and returns?

I know amazon doesn't have any distribution centres in Ireland so it will probably be more expensive for us here.

It sounds like a nice business to get into if you can find the right product to sell.

Anyone have any experience with this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ph5.5

Hi
    Did you try it.
    I am looking into it my self.
    It sound a bit to good to be true.
    Ebay is not working out for me at all.
    I would love to hear what people have to say about it.
    Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Hi,
    I'm also interested in Amazon FBA.

I was thinking of shipping products directly from the UK supplier to Amazon Warehouse.

Did anyone try this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lego101

I am selling on FBA with 5 products at the moment. It's a great business but there's a lot to it.

lego101 wrote: »
    I am selling on FBA with 5 products at the moment. It's a great business but there's a lot to it.

Did you ship the items directly to FBA from Ireland?

Do I need to have a registered company in order to use FBA?

Thanks!

Amouar wrote: »
    Did you ship the items directly to FBA from Ireland?

Do I need to have a registered company in order to use FBA?

Thanks!

I ship from China to Ireland and Ireland to the UK!

Until your amazon account hits 15,000 revenue they don't require tax info but all income has to be reported to revenue so it's best to start early. If you wait to file your taxes you still must file all previous income.

• Advertisement

I'm interested in doing some sort of joint venture if anyone with funding is interested? FBA is taking off at the moment and I'd like to spread my business! I believe this will be like many of the big trends where only the early bird reaps the big rewards.

I ship from China to Ireland and Ireland to the UK!

Until your amazon account hits 15,000 revenue they don't require tax info but all income has to be reported to revenue so it's best to start early. If you wait to file your taxes you still must file all previous income.

Which carrier do you use in order to ship from Ireland to UK?

Amouar wrote: »
    Which carrier do you use in order to ship from Ireland to UK?

It all depends on weight, size and urgency. One thing that you should always do is make sure you are insured for the full value. If after a month of production and a chunk of money tied up in stock, the shipment goes missing, you will only be left with 20 euro compensation in some cases.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

I'm interested in doing some sort of joint venture if anyone with funding is interested? FBA is taking off at the moment and I'd like to spread my business! I believe this will be like many of the big trends where only the early bird reaps the big rewards.
    Does the early bird have any ideas about product ? Interesting Read http://venturebeat.com/2014/01/08/fulfillment-by-amazon-what-amazon-doesnt-tell-third-party-sellers/

chillin117 wrote: »
    Does the early bird have any ideas about product ?

If that reference is to me then yes. I have a spreadsheet of over 20 profitable products that I'd like to purchase when I'm expanding next. Finding products is not a difficult task when you know what to look for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

One worry I would have is Brexit. If that happens you may have serious tax issues to deal with, so its best to wait until after the vote has taken place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 comccart

Hi lego101, I am interested in a partnership. Want to chat about it some more?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 comccart

Hi, Are you still pursuing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SarahDonald36

Hi
    has anyone used a Prep Centre in the UK? The idea being that you buy your products in the UK and send them to the prep centre so that they can make sure that the items are labeled and packaged correctly.

I did use one, but I found it very slow and also they lost some stuff in their warehouse, so I had to keep a very watchful eye about what I sent them and to make sure that everything was sent to and received by Amazon.

Do not assume that because you ask it to be sent that it actually goes.

I was blaming Amazon for a long time! But it was the prep centre.

So does anyone have recommendations for a new prep centre?

Advertisement