Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

To playasia to get a physical copy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    So... where/when can I pre-order the Steam version?

Uh... on steam? http://store.steampowered.com/app/329050/

jMXghCW.jpg

Not pre-ordering though. Never do... why so eager to spend money for something I won't get yet?

This will probably be great but can't help but be wary for literally anything CAPCOM does these days so yet another day or so of waiting to see how the steam version is. Wish they'd sell it on GOG.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Uh... on steam? http://store.steampowered.com/app/329050/

jMXghCW.jpg

Not pre-ordering though. Never do... why so eager to spend money for something I won't get yet?

This will probably be great but can't help but be wary for literally anything CAPCOM does these days so yet another day or so of waiting to see how the steam version is. Wish they'd sell it on GOG.
    In this case I'll pre-order because it's a (relatively) known quantity - the PC version already exists & is known to run well, and it includes fluff DLC :pac:

Plus it comes out the day before my birthday :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The original one on PC already supports 1080p, hi res textures. Honestly if you own a PC copy already don't even bother with this 'remaster'

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The original one on PC already supports 1080p, hi res textures. Honestly if you own a PC copy already don't even bother with this 'remaster'

But then you don't get Vergil, Trish or Lady :confused:. It's not like the SE is just a graphical upgrade

• Advertisement

Yeah I don't even consider it a remaster and in fact would love it if they left the graphics alone overall apart from direct X update. It's all about the new characters, really. I'm really digging the price but too bad previous owners get no discount on steam. I guess that's beyond CAPCOM's comprehension.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yeah I don't even consider it a remaster and in fact would love it if they left the graphics alone overall apart from direct X update. It's all about the new characters, really. I'm really digging the price but too bad previous owners get no discount on steam. I guess that's beyond CAPCOM's comprehension.

Exactly. For Console users its a new experience to an extent, for PC users its a few new characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The entitlement is strong with this one. :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The entitlement is strong with this one. :pac:

I don't own the previous game on steam, I would get no discount. It's fairly nice to reward loyal customers with discounts to paid updates of games, though. Think Metro Redux and the like.

But I guess I should stop being entitled, right?

In other news...2 costumes seem pre-order exclusive. This seems like a really dumb decision for a 7 year old game that has always been starved for new content and now has content behind a pre-order wall. CAPCOM's going all out, as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Anyone playing?

Finished the Nero/Dante story last night. Starting Vergil's now (wanted to refamiliarise myself with the game & story by playing Nero/Dante first).

Vergil seems the business. The concentration bar and requirements are great, as is Vergil's general demeanor. Nothing but style.

The game holds up too after 7 years. Sure, not graphically, but gameplay is still fluid, combat is varied and the game is still fun. The backtracking for Dante is still a bugbear though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Bad Horse wrote: »
    Anyone playing?

Finished the Nero/Dante story last night. Starting Vergil's now (wanted to refamiliarise myself with the game & story by playing Nero/Dante first).

Vergil seems the business. The concentration bar and requirements are great, as is Vergil's general demeanor. Nothing but style.

The game holds up too after 7 years. Sure, not graphically, but gameplay is still fluid, combat is varied and the game is still fun. The backtracking for Dante is still a bugbear though.

Liking it so far. Some small but welcome changes to the core game (reduced time before run kicks in, etc).
    Vergil is fun but breaks the game a little, his combo damage is ridiculous.
    Clocked 200+ hours into the original but not sure this will hold my attention as much. Nice to revisit though.

Advertisement