Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Engineering Tutor Needed

• 23-03-2015 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for a tutor to give me some grinds in one or two 2nd year Mechatronic Engineering subjects. I'm based in Dublin. If anyone is interested or knows of someone who might be, please pm me. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭kirving

What subjects would you need some help in?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭street

What subjects would you need some help in?

Hi Kevin, I'm looking for some help with Instrumentation & Control and CAD/CAM.

I did Mechanical in DIT, so have a decent background in Instrumentation/Controls. Would CAD be SolidWorks? Very little experience in CAM, but know the jist of g-code.

Have you some more specific areas of what help you required in each of the three subjects?

Would CAD be SolidWorks? Very little experience in CAM, but know the jist of g-code.

Yes, we're using SolidWorks and Autocad for CAD, CNC Simulator Pro and Alphacam for CAM.
    Have you some more specific areas of what help you required in each of the three subjects?

All-round Autocad help, particularly in projecting oblique, isometric and auxillary views. More general help creating parts and drawings in SolidWorks and CNC programming in CNC Simulator Pro and Alphacam.

For Instrumentation & Control I need help designing and building a temperature sensing device.

I'd be happy to help you out with SolidWorks and the temperature sensing device. AutoCAD 3D is more difficult as I don't use it every day. Are you in DIT? Where are you based?

• Advertisement

I'd be happy to help you out with SolidWorks and the temperature sensing device. AutoCAD 3D is more difficult as I don't use it every day. Are you in DIT? Where are you based?

That would be great Kevin, maybe you can pm and we can organise something? I'm based in Dublin and study in IT Blanchardstown.

street wrote: »
    That would be great Kevin, maybe you can pm and we can organise something? I'm based in Dublin and study in IT Blanchardstown.

Will send PM now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 still queueing

Hi Street,
    Please don't get too bogged down with G codes they are not really used anymore as such. Yes its nice to know them, but to be honest I forget most of them and have worked extensively with CNC's.
    Most modern CAD/CAM packages will generate the G codes for you. (Its like remembering phone numbers, The phone does that now so people don't remember phone numbers anymore.)

It's more important to know how to machine and tell the CAM package the route to take and tools to use.
    Hope this is of some use to you.

I have a lot of mechatronics material pdf's mainly if you are interested you could send me a usb stick and i'll copy it over for you.
    Are you a full time or PT student ?

Hi Street,
    Please don't get too bogged down with G codes they are not really used anymore as such. Yes its nice to know them, but to be honest I forget most of them and have worked extensively with CNC's.
    Most modern CAD/CAM packages will generate the G codes for you. (Its like remembering phone numbers, The phone does that now so people don't remember phone numbers anymore.)

It's more important to know how to machine and tell the CAM package the route to take and tools to use.
    Hope this is of some use to you.

I have a lot of mechatronics material pdf's mainly if you are interested you could send me a usb stick and i'll copy it over for you.
    Are you a full time or PT student ?

Apologies for the delayed reply still queueing and thanks very much for the offer. I do need a tutor though :| I'm full-time btw.

Advertisement