Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

never experienced a low quality service quite like eircom

Options
  • 23-03-2015 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I don't really know what is going on with eircom, but in the past 4 years I have experienced nothing but terrible service from them and in recent months it has just gotten worse. The likes of billing issues, disregard from customer service, installations being delayed by over a month, constant dropping wifi with terrible speeds and to top it off, another delayed installation today. Receiving a call less than 24hrs before a fiber optic install after taking a day off work in order to facilitate a company that has sent numerous messages to confirm the installation date, is in my opinion, absolutely shambolic! I have never missed a payment, I have been overly nice to customer service representatives and technicians and very understanding. But this, for me is breking point. I mean, I am currently using my 4g connection(which is also emobile) to post this as my wifi has become that shockingly bad. Now I have just been told that I will have to wait another 24-48hrs just to find out when it can be done. I need this installation in order to work from home in a capable manor, but it just seems to me that Eircom, have once again, let me down in such a bad way. I have no other viable options for broadband in my area and to be honest, I am starting to believe that Eircom is not a viable option either!! I don't really know what I'm expecting in reply to this, maybe a simple explanation as to why this can happen to loyal Eircom customers and also why I will be paying more for my fiber optic btoadband(if it ever actually gets installed) than an new Eircom customer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I can only sympathise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Eircom is billions in the red so they have to keep outsourcing and cheapening their operation. That's where the poor service comes from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Frankey wrote: »
    I don't really know what is going on with eircom, but in the past 4 years I have experienced nothing but terrible service from them and in recent months it has just gotten worse. The likes of billing issues, disregard from customer service, installations being delayed by over a month, constant dropping wifi with terrible speeds and to top it off, another delayed installation today. Receiving a call less than 24hrs before a fiber optic install after taking a day off work in order to facilitate a company that has sent numerous messages to confirm the installation date, is in my opinion, absolutely shambolic! I have never missed a payment, I have been overly nice to customer service representatives and technicians and very understanding. But this, for me is breking point. I mean, I am currently using my 4g connection(which is also emobile) to post this as my wifi has become that shockingly bad. Now I have just been told that I will have to wait another 24-48hrs just to find out when it can be done. I need this installation in order to work from home in a capable manor, but it just seems to me that Eircom, have once again, let me down in such a bad way. I have no other viable options for broadband in my area and to be honest, I am starting to believe that Eircom is not a viable option either!! I don't really know what I'm expecting in reply to this, maybe a simple explanation as to why this can happen to loyal Eircom customers and also why I will be paying more for my fiber optic btoadband(if it ever actually gets installed) than an new Eircom customer?
    Hi Frankey

I'm sorry to hear of the culmination of issues detailed above, do please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to the current state of your older for efibre broadband. Ultimately I will be unable to offer you reasoning for eircom pricing structure in terms of new customers and existing customers but I will offer you my assurances that I will do my best to help provide clarity with the efibre installation appointment.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement