Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oakhouse Foods

Options
  • 23-03-2015 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

Can I ask if anyone has experience of Oakhouse Foods? My folks are getting on a bit and I'm thinking of signing them up for pre-cooked meals. They look good enough on the website, but photos of food can differ vastly from the reality.

Thanks in advance

http://www.oakhousefoods.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Is there a Meals on Wheels service in your area that you could look into for them? My Granny uses this service and she loves the food, good quality and fresh ingredients daily!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Thanks, the problem is that my folks no longer drive and there is not always someone around to bring them shopping. Any time we get them a supply of ingredients, they end up throwing half them out because they go off. The family contribute meals for their freezer, but our tastes are different and I'm not sure they fancy our cooking :)

The local Super Value is the nearest shop and they have gone off their prepared meals. I take on board what you are saying and will give them a trial. After that we might just sample other places and stock the freezer with what takes their fancy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Is there a Meals on Wheels service in your area that you could look into for them? My Granny uses this service and she loves the food, good quality and fresh ingredients daily!

Don't get me started :). They come from a generation where they think meals on wheels are for 'auld dears' (they are 82 & 83) and they want to look after themselves. Prepared frozen dinners is right on the limit of their concessions over meals

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Aldi have some very nice fresh dinners ready to be microwaved for 3.99 or less.

• Advertisement
Advertisement