Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A simple but nice birthday dinner??

• 23-03-2015 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,
    im looking to cook up a dish for my dad for his bday on wed evening. He loves his food and i love to cook but with such a choice ive no idea and would greatly apprciate some help on coming up with a dish.

I love to cook alot of my food from scratch and ill have the time to do it.
    To get an idea of what to think of my dad loves foods like indian, chinese, spainsh, moroccon, italian.

TIA guys!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Slow-cooked beef fillet with horseradish mash, wild mushroom tortellini and red wine sauce. I've made this many times and it never fails to impress.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/slowcookedbeeffillet_90924

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

The Hill Billy broke up all the recipes in the Cooking Club by category early this year (so you can see by starter, main, sides, dessert etc). So that might be a good place to look for dishes. Off the top of my head Curry Addict has a few fabulous posts on Indian currys & currys in general, there's a killer lasagne recipe or two, lots of fancy variations on roast chicken etc. There was a white wine & tarragon chicken recipe close to the start of this year that got rave reviews.

We always recommend people have a look there when they're looking for recipes because what you think is simple & nice is particular to you, if you have a flick through a few recipes you can see if they fit in with what you're looking for as well as seeing from the other people who made them if they turned out the way you'd like your dinner to :)

Some lovely dessert recipes there also :)

Advertisement