Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIM - Building Information Modelling

Options
  • 23-03-2015 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Anyone know where one could get some experience or training in BIM?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Dr_Bill

The Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES) are running BIM conferences and raising awareness across the industry along with other Industry bodies. These is a lot of free information out there I can't post links yet but it is a big topic in the UK so it might be worth focusing your research there and look a the UK Government Construction Strategy.

BIM doesn't have to be complicated or involve expensive 3rd party products to get up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

BIM is a hot topic in the UK at the moment as has been said. All centrally procured public sector projects will have to be delivered using BIM over there by 2016.

A quick google search will throw up a number of options for private training providers. If you have any CAD experience at all both DIT and WIT are running part time courses geared towards the architectural side of BIM, but obviously there are structural and services streams which might be relevant as well. I believe GMIT are also driving BIM but I don't know if they are providing training to private individuals or just to their full time students.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Daragh86

You can find any number of step by step guides on YouTube for the likes of Revit, which is very user friendly BIM software anyway. It is handy enough to follow. After that there is a company based in Dundrum, D16 which offer reasonably priced training in a range of software including Revit. Give them a google if interested. I have no links to this company at all. I have done training with them in the past and have found them useful.

Advertisement