Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rain jacket help

• 23-03-2015 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20

Hi everybody .

Myself (my first sportive)and a mate have signed up for the Stephen Roche Atlantic challenge this coming Saturday . But just watched the 6 o'clock weather and it doesn't look very good . Heavy rain and possible hill snow .

I don't have a proper rain jacket for the forecast heavy rain . Was just wondering if anyone would have any recommendations on a good reasonable price rain jacket .

If I have to buy online it will have to be in the next 24hrs :-(

Thanks ..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭ratracer

I don't know where you are based or what your budget is, but the Altura range of jackets are pretty good and stocked in most LBS's.

I hadn't looked at the weather for Saturday, only signed up for this yesterday so I'd better sort myself out pronto.

Enjoy the cycle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

I'm doing this too & hadn't looked at the weather. Doesn't sound good. The stretch by the Cliffs of Moher is going to be fun!

I got an Altura rain jacket in a Top Bike store and I find it pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

ya, you wouldn't go far wrong with something like this and they will have it delivered by tomorrow:
    http://www.swimcyclerun.com/cycle-jackets-gilets/altura-nightvision-jacket.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Fian

If you are looking for something cheap try a few LIDL stores, they did a cycling rain jacket for €15 or so a week or two ago and you might be lucky to find one still on the shelves. i bought one, but have not used it yet, it folds up into a small pouch as well so it would be handy in summer on a day when you don't really want a jacket, but need to bring one "just in case". Arm warmers in pocket and jacket in bag around the waist will do the job without causing overheating.

Advertisement