Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metropolitan Apartments, Kilmainham

Options
  • 23-03-2015 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Moving there this week! Could anybody give me the lowdown on what they think; or any stories they've heard?? Or Kilmainham in general, local shops etc?

CHEEEEERS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Moving there this week! Could anybody give me the lowdown on what they think; or any stories they've heard?? Or Kilmainham in general, local shops etc?

CHEEEEERS

Just up the road from the jail, that road is quiet enough I've cycled up and down it in the mornings and evenings. As far as amenities you're not from inchicore which would have a lot more than the crossroads in kilmainham.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭cgcsb

The Limetree cafe by the Hilton Hotel does lovely lunches. The Hilton bar does lovely cocktails of a Friday night. Closer to Inchicore then you have the Wallace Italian place, beautiful food there. After that you're in Inchicore which is a ****ty enough place, feral kids steeling from the Spar. The Tesco express is a dive, full of out of date food, poorly displayed, poor selection. Inchicore Inn Chinese take-away is LOVELY, I cannot stress this enough. It looks dodgy from the outside but genuinely nice Chinese food. Your nearest luas is Driminagh and you've to walk past some scummy flats to get there, buses from the dual carriageway would be much faster and you've a dublin bike station at the jail. the park at the museum is nice too, as is the museum for a wander.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭wench

cgcsb wrote: »
    Your nearest luas is Driminagh and you've to walk past some scummy flats to get there,

The stop at Suir Road is actually slightly closer, and is a far less dodgy walk!

Advertisement