Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Space Grey or Silver?

• 23-03-2015 11:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

I'm finally decided to upgrade from my trusty iPhone 4 to the iPhone 6 64GB, I'm in a dilemma about the colour? Anyone with any advise haha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I went White for the 5S but switched back to black for the 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I went space grey for my iPhone 6+ 64Gb. I preferred the black front but also none of the operators stocked any other colour + 64Gb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I went with the gold, and I love it. I was torn for ages between that and the space grey. I think the silver is a bit wishy washy personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

If you get the space grey you run the risk of having a facetime camera that is not aligned properly for some reason. Google 'crescentgate'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I went silver to match my MBA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

Space grey, because I wanted a black front. TBH it's much more a gunmetal of even dark silver than grey.

As for crescentgate !!! , please not another overblown apple ****gate.......

Mlo wrote: »
    Space grey, because I wanted a black front. TBH it's much more a gunmetal of even dark silver than grey.

As for crescentgate !!! , please not another overblown apple ****gate.......

Anyone I have asked or know who has a space grey 6, has the misaligned camera issue.

I have a space grey 6+ and so far nothing wrong with the camera alignment.

BigMoose wrote: »
    I have a space grey 6+ and so far nothing wrong with the camera alignment.

Very good. First person I have asked who hasn't had an issue. Do you mind me asking when you bought it ?

Actually, it's the 6 only that's affected and I see you have the 6+ :(

Yeah, it's a 6+, which I've only had a week. Glad to hear the + isn't affected!

• Advertisement

I have a space grey 6 that I bought in December, no misaligned camera as far as I can tell.

Dang I hate to admit I'm wrong but there is a grey crescent on the right hand side of the forward facing camera, ho hum....

That's a bit of a balls alright. Most people say it doesn't affect photo quality but some on macrumours and apple forums found the crescent shifted overtime resulting in glare in their photo's. Apple store replace the screen or whole unit for free. Not sure how you would deal with it in the Republic. I assume CompuB would send it off or you could deal directly with Apple. For now I am advising my friend to go for a silver or gold 6, or a 6+.

Well as far as I can tell, there isn't any impact on image quality. I seem to need to hold the phone at a slight angle to get my face centred on the screen. Now that said I never ever use facetime and probably will never ever use the forward facing camera. BUT it still is a defect and I don't expect to drop this much money for a phone with a build defect. And of course getting it repaired or replaced will be a massive pain (I have 5000 songs on the thing; it took me about 2 weeks to get that sorted out in the first place, the thoughts of re-downloading my music library .....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

They replaced the screen on mine for free. If you're not far from Belfast, go up there and they'll do it in an hour.

Well except for the fact that Belfast is about three hours drive away from me :) , (I bought my 6 from Vodafone in the republic btw) I still sort of have a problem with the idea of having a repaired phone, I think I'd rather have one that was made right in the factory, but of course that leads me back to the pita factor of having to re-download everything, ho hum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Mlo wrote: »
    Well as far as I can tell, there isn't any impact on image quality. I seem to need to hold the phone at a slight angle to get my face centred on the screen. Now that said I never ever use facetime and probably will never ever use the forward facing camera. BUT it still is a defect and I don't expect to drop this much money for a phone with a build defect. And of course getting it repaired or replaced will be a massive pain (I have 5000 songs on the thing; it took me about 2 weeks to get that sorted out in the first place, the thoughts of re-downloading my music library .....)

Just leave it syncing with iTunes over night. Shouldn’t take that long.

Like most things in life it isn't that simple:). I use iTunes match and don't have a single PC that has a totally up to date music library (and of course in Apples infinite wisdom, they stopped allowing iphones and ipods to synch to multiple PC's years ago), so all of the music was downloaded to my phone over Wifi from iTunes rather than over a cable from a PC, thus the extended period of downloading.

Someday I may sit down and consolidate my music library to one pc, then synch my phone to it, but I can't see it being anyday soon:)

Advertisement