Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New account

Options
  • 24-03-2015 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi there

I just took over a new account in my apartment and within two weeks I have been given a bill for 150 euro by direct debit!!! What is going on here. When signing up i was told my first bill would be mid April ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Reality tv,

Thanks for your post.

The average billing cycle is 61 days, or every two months (more info here). Depending on when you sign up, the first bill you receive may fall somewhere within this period, but thereafter should remain consistent. Did you submit a recent meter reading online by any chance? Sometimes this may cause a bill to issue mid-cycle.

If you send us your details by private message (including your full name, address, contact number and confirmation that you are the account holder) we can look into this for you.

Thanks,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Reality tv

Thanks for that David

After an hours worth of phone calls i found that they decided to charge me for a previous tentants arrears on the account (six months worth). I only got the keys to the property two weeks ago and have a fresh meter reading at the time.

I was not advised of any arrears and would not be liable for someone else's utility bill in any case. Customer service today has been poor and concerning as a customer with no standardisation of information or advice. I have no choice now but to go down the route of a formal complaints procedure.

Could you please advise on the next step.

Thank you for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Reality tv,

We're sorry to hear this. If a property with a live supply has been unregistered for a period of time, we would need somebody to take responsibility for it. Have you discussed the matter with your landlord at all?

I can see that you have sent on a private message to our inbox so we will look into this further for you. We will advise on a next step once we have viewed the account.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Reality tv

Hello

Situation not resolved as despite an apology and refund of amount I was never liable for i have received a letter stating you plan to attempt to take the sum of money from my account again. Can a supervisor contact me as a matter of urgency?

Details in original PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Reality tv,

We are sorry to read this.

Can you please send us a private message as we wish to clarify some more information? In order to investigate this, can you please let us know the date on the correspondence you are referring to? We would be unable to discuss the details of your account on the public thread.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Advertisement
Advertisement