Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenform Constrction Derry-Canada.Can anybody give me any informtion???

Options
  • 24-03-2015 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I'm looking to emigrate to Canada in the near future or work.

Not going to bore with details, Im a qualified construction worker,

A number of my mates have pointed me in the direction of glenform Construction In Co. Derry who are sending young Irish workers out to do concrete construction around Canada ??

They are said to organise all flights,visa accomidation and work upon landing??

Has anybody heard anything about this company?

I would really appreciate any feed back about the company :)

I also see that they have been brought up in a recent post due to a number of negative things.

Thank you very much guys
    Alan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cavan mom

Hi my husband has applied with Glenform construction in Derry also. He is now awaiting work permit from them. They said it could take another 8-10 weeks to come through. In my experience so far sogood. They have been eexcellent in correspondance and updates. The only thing I am unsure of is the exact visa type he will be travelling on as we are eager to find out if maybe in the future we as a family could make the move in the near future. He will be travelling back and forth every 5 weeks. So far it all sounds good however I would love to hear from some one also who has or is working for Glenform to see 1) what visa they are on is; skilled or TFW and 2) if anyone else has eventually moved there while staying employed by that company. Dunno if this is any help to you ..he has gone for 2 meetings in Derry so far and is quite confident and happy with the job they are offering.
    Any info you may have from your friends would be great also.
    Thanks a mill. Good luck "!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lemoneyes

I've also applied for a visa through Glenform and am also confused as to which visa I'll be getting. They contacted me yesterday to inform me that I've been offered a visa granted all the paperwork is correct and this could take 2 months to process. I'm assuming it must be a working holiday visa that they've applied for but that incurs a fee and so far I have not been asked for money. Confused
    I believe its much easier to acquire a permanent visa while you're in Canada so this visa could be used as a stepping stone for a more permanent visit.
    In regard to the negative post about Glenform, I'd be interested to learn more. Normally people don't bother to post positive stuff so this one negative post is not enough to put me off.
    I'd also be interested to learn more about the tax situation i.e can it be claimed back or what is the take home pay.
    Any information would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 6 innocentirish

I am in the same boat myself pal. You always hear the negative feedback and not the positive.

From the information that I've been told they have informed me that they will have us out working in the next 8weeks once stage 2 of the working permit has come though.

And yes we are going out on working holiday visas as they informed me this
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lemoneyes

Hi.

Have any of you guys received any info about the visa yet. Of job offers??

I haven't heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Free Pig

Is it true you have to become self employed any other info. Thanks for any help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

I worked for glenform, and by and large I found them ok. But they can be very frustrating. You get paid an ok wage, there an agency so your not getting your full entitlements I suppose. They kinda are what they are. Coming home every 5 weeks can be draining because your only home for 5 days. Alot of guys seemed to be pissed about money but at the end of the day there an agency, they wanna make a bit too. If you can get over that fact and don't worry about the money, cause you are getting an ok wage. Tax thing I dunno. Communication is a bit slack I find and alot of the time the'yll keep telling you it's work starting soon etc etc. They don't seem to have the work for the amount of guys they are getying visa's for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BH92

Any know if Glenform are still on the go or have changed names was looking to go to Canada I just completed my apprenticeship

Advertisement