Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hitachi 32 Inch Full HD Freeview HD Smart LED TV/DVD Combi

• 24-03-2015 9:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

I've been tasked to get my parents a TV/DVD combi and came across this.

Seems like a cracking deal BUT I'm not sure if the sound would be good - one of the reviewers says the sound is poor. The sound spec is "12 x 12 watts RMS power output."

Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I would take all these complaints about poor sound on modern tv's with a pinch of salt.

Due to the size of these TVs (in terms of thickness) there is not much scope for decent sized speakers, and as such very few of them would have what could be described as 'good sound'. Certainly not like we used to get on the old heavyweight CRT tvs of yesteryear.

I am sure the sound on this TV will be sufficient for what your parents need.

As a follow-on to my reply, I was just looking at that and I can't see a model number on it.

Bear in mind that a lot of brands, Hitachi included, don't actually make all their own TVs these days, and often allow their brand name to be used by the likes of Vestel who churn out cheapo TVs.

I actually bought a 32" Hitachi from Argos in the North about 4 yrs ago, and the picture quality was that poor, I stormed back to Argos and returned it. Normally you wouldn't be able to return a telly just because you didn't like the quality of it, but I argued my case well obviously.

The model number that was on the TV I bought could not be found on any Hitachi website, be it UK, Europe, US, Japan etc. So by my reckoning they didn't make it.

Tread carefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

Did a bit of googling and it looks like Hitachi are not so hot. The TV my parents are replacing was a Hitachi and its only 3-4 years old. Think I will hold off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Go for Panasonic or Sony. They're 2 pretty reliable brands.

Have a Sansung and it's excellent too.

• Advertisement

Would also add LG to the list of brands to consider.
    All 4 of those brands would generally get good reviews.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Would also add LG to the list of brands to consider.
    All 4 of those brands would generally get good reviews.

Yes agree, LG are good also.

Advertisement