Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin v Derry, Croke Park, 28.03.15, Ticket Price increase?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

It's a hurling quarter final so they'll use that excuse. Not an excuse, I know, but that's the GAA. They'll try every trick in the book to gouge more money out of fans. Like closing the Hill when Dublin aren't playing so fans have to pay stand prices whether they want to or not.
    And don't worry, it ain't just the Dubs this time. It's exactly the same price for the Cork v Mayo/Cork v Wexford double header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭howiya

Very unfair that you could be sitting in the stadium beside someone who bought their ticket on Monday morning and was only charged €10 before they announced the quarter final fixture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I'd still see it as pretty good value.

TBH Dublin Limerick could be a very good game, better than Dublin Derry.

I have to laugh though at having hurling quarterfinals when there only six teams in division 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭howiya

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    I'd still see it as pretty good value.

TBH Dublin Limerick could be a very good game, better than Dublin Derry.

I have to laugh though at having hurling quarterfinals when there only six teams in division 1.

A month ago a double header in the same competition was €10 pre purchase or €15 on the day. Now it is €15 pre purchase or €20 on the day.

If you bought your ticket on Monday morning it was only €10. Now it is €15 or €20 if you wait until Saturday.

If you're only a football fan, be it from Dublin or Derry you will have to pay €5 extra for a game that you don't want to see.

Value is relative.

It's not the €5 but the principle that the GAA are increasing the price for a league game and will tell you at the same time that they are doing their best for supporters etc

Advertisement