Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is my money???

Options
  • 24-03-2015 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I processed 1,050 Euros from my UK Barclays account into my BOI account on THURSDAY MORNING, and it still isn't there. I spent about 3 hours on the phone yesterday being directed back and forth between both banks, and ended up setting up an investigation into the BOI issue with Barclays, simply because the staff at BOI wouldn't help me at all or help me find out what has happened to the money.

All is well on Barclays' end and they released the payment the very same day. They have the correct IBAN number & BIC code so I know I sent it to the right account. 

I assumed it would arrive in my BOI account the next working day and it's now Tuesday and it still isn't there. I feel like I've lost all my money. My landlord is waiting for me to pay my rent and I am so so worried. 

Please can someone help me? Has anyone had a similar situation? Is my money lost? What should I do?! I'm going crazy here. :(

Thanks in advance folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Lozikinz wrote: »
    I processed 1,050 Euros from my UK Barclays account into my BOI account on THURSDAY MORNING, and it still isn't there. I spent about 3 hours on the phone yesterday being directed back and forth between both banks, and ended up setting up an investigation into the BOI issue with Barclays, simply because the staff at BOI wouldn't help me at all or help me find out what has happened to the money.

All is well on Barclays' end and they released the payment the very same day. They have the correct IBAN number & BIC code so I know I sent it to the right account. 

I assumed it would arrive in my BOI account the next working day and it's now Tuesday and it still isn't there. I feel like I've lost all my money. My landlord is waiting for me to pay my rent and I am so so worried. 

Please can someone help me? Has anyone had a similar situation? Is my money lost? What should I do?! I'm going crazy here. :(

Thanks in advance folks
    Hi Lozikinz,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards and sorry to hear about the difficulties you have encountered with your payment.

I can understand that this can be frustrating but usually in this case we would recommend that you contact the sending bank who can arrange for the payment to be traced from its source.

We will apply credits to your account as soon as we receive them and transactions are processed throughout the day.

I do hope you get this resolved quickly and please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lozikinz

Lozikinz wrote: »

Thanks in advance folks
    Hi Lozikinz,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards and sorry to hear about the difficulties you have encountered with your payment.

I can understand that this can be frustrating but usually in this case we would recommend that you contact the sending bank who can arrange for the payment to be traced from its source.

We will apply credits to your account as soon as we receive them and transactions are processed throughout the day.

I do hope you get this resolved quickly and please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks

Nicola
    Hi Nicola,

I have already contacted Barclays and they have traced the payment. They helped me as much as they possibly could and everything was released to BOI on Thursday. They have the correct IBAN number and BIC code and everything. Because the payment has been released, there is nothing they can do. The only thing I can do is wait for it to arrive in my BOI account.

I have heard from many people that they have waited more than 5 working days for BOI to credit their account. Why is this? It should only take 1 or 2 working days.

Lauren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Lozikinz,

Thanks for your post.

Please be assured that we will apply lodgements to your account as soon as we receive them without delay.

If you are in contact with the sending bank again they will be able to advise you of their normal time-frame and cut off times for these type of payments.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement