Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to recycle old TV?

Options
  • 24-03-2015 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭

Anyone no of anywhere on the Northside that takes back old TVs for WEEE recycling. Somewhere around Finglas, Glasnevin or Ballymun. Google not much help.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

Power City have a big cage inside the door for old electrical items.I think you are supposed to have bought an equivalent item,before dropping the old one,but I've never seen anyone check.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I'll give them a try, cheers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You don't need to have made a purchase to put something in for recycling in Power City. They have a sign up stating this.

spurious wrote: »
    You don't need to have made a purchase to put something in for recycling in Power City. They have a sign up stating this.

Super stuff. Here's the link for anyone else who might be interested.
    http://www.powercity.ie/?action=weereg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

Your link directly contradicts spurious!
    Edit:all of the link,except the last 3 words,which I didn't read,......

• Advertisement

Last line says
    Customers may leave back old appliances to the store at any time. No Purchase Necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

There's also a small recycling section in IKEA, depending on how big the TV is it might be a bit cumbersome for there but you could check it out.

Iago wrote: »
    There's also a small recycling section in IKEA, depending on how big the TV is it might be a bit cumbersome for there but you could check it out.

They had to get rid of it due to people scavenging and leaving it in an awful state.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

dan1895 wrote: »
    They had to get rid of it due to people scavenging and leaving it in an awful state.

It's still there, but it's inside now behind the tills. Comprises of a couple of bins and a shelf area.

Got rid of it in DID Finglas in the end. No questions asked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement