Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cube sizing Help

• 24-03-2015 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Im looking into getting a Cube road bike and was told that the frame sizing is smaller than most other brands im 6,4 usually go with a 60cm frame

just wanted to see if anyone could give me advice as to whether to go with the 62 or 64cm in the cube

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I've got a Cube. I'm 6' 1 and a size 58 is perfect for me. Cant say if it's smaller than other makes or not, but I'd guess that you'd be better off on a 60 as there is more room for adjustments if you get a smaller frame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

I'm a touch over 6' and ride a 60. Probably best to go to a LBS and do a test ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭banquet

I think they are sized smallish. I'm 5 10 and ride a 58

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I'm 6' 2" and ride a 60" Cube Agree GTC. Perfect for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I'm also a touch over 6ft and ride a 60" Cube Agree frame
    I had a 58 Canyon previous.

Definitely get sized in shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

I'm 6' and have a size 60 Cube. Recently had a bike fit with Aidan Hammond and he confirmed the size is absolutely perfect for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

Im 6'2 and I have a size 60 Cube Agree GTC SL (14). It fits perfect for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

I'm 6'4 and I have the 64 size frame, GTC SLT 2013 model. I got my bike fitting done by Base 2 race last year and was told frame was right size. When getting the sizing done originally in the shop, it was a toss up between 62 + 64. But when buying i was told that i should see the front wheel hub behind the handle bars when looking down. This scenario was not happening on the 62 but was on the 64.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭darkvalley

I'm 6'1 and have a 62cm peleton race frame . It is very comfortable, but could probably get away with a 60cm frame. Cube are odd sizes as I also have a Genesis Equilbrium at 58cm which also fits nicely. You should definitely try one out before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kev1986

cheers for the advice i think ill have to go and try the different sizes all right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

Im slightly over 6'2 and ride a 62cm frame. works for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭brasshead

6'2 - have the Agree Pro 58cm frame with 130mm stem. Works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭P_Fitz

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Schecter01

I'm 5'11 an 1/2, or 182cm, my peloton race is 58cm, my leg is 83cm, so it fits me pretty well. Bike fit essential I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,667 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I'm 5 11 and ride a 58. My misses always slags me for having short legs and a long body. Get the larger size.

Just as a FYI: I'm having warranty issues with Cube at the moment. Cycle surgery have had my rear wheel for 3 weeks with an broken free hub and they say that they can't get through to cube. My rear dérailleur Also went and they have had it for two weeks but can't get through to cube.
    Now it could be a shop issue or a distributr issue. Either way just felt that I need to make you aware.

Advertisement