Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed first time buyer

Options
  • 24-03-2015 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hello Good people,

We intend to buy a new 3 bedroom Town House in Silverspring area, Tivoli. The Estate Agent is selling 12 houses with 10 years structural guarantee. They are asking 160000 non negotiable and they will provide doors, kitchen, bathroom, rooms done. When we move in we have to do our own flooring, buy appliances and off-course furniture.

I have a few queries someone can help, please?

1 - How much will a solicitor cost, including land registry, folio, paper work, title change etc?
    2- Any idea how much would flooring will cost? I plan to have lamination in the living room, tiles in the hallway +kitchen. Rooms will get carpet and in-lining.

I checked with two solicitors in Cork City and they are asking about 3400 Euro for all the work including land registry, folio, title etc. Is it right?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

This may help on some questions:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/owning_a_home/buying_a_home/steps_involved_buying_a_home.html

and this on conveyancing costs:

http://www.cmcsolicitor.ie/wordpress/property/conveyancing-costs/

I think when I bought a house the solicitor's fee was a percentage of the cost, but I'm not sure. The Law Society should tell you.

Is a structural guarantee for only 10 years normal? I certainly wouldn't buy a house without getting a surveyor to look at it.

I hope you're very happy in your new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

The land registration map should be provided by the vendor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

AsianIrish wrote: »
    Hello Good people,

We intend to buy a new 3 bedroom Town House in Silverspring area, Tivoli. The Estate Agent is selling 12 houses with 10 years structural guarantee. They are asking 160000 non negotiable and they will provide doors, kitchen, bathroom, rooms done. When we move in we have to do our own flooring, buy appliances and off-course furniture.

I have a few queries someone can help, please?

1 - How much will a solicitor cost, including land registry, folio, paper work, title change etc?

I checked with two solicitors in Cork City and they are asking about 3400 Euro for all the work including land registry, folio, title etc. Is it right?

I bought in April 2014.
    There were a number of conveyancing costs I didn't expect (I take that as the sign of a good solicitor!), but some of them mightn't apply to you, your house being new.

I've dug up my records for you as a general guideline:
    AIB Valuation Agent: 184.5
    Engineer: 200
    Deposit: 10k (3.50 for the bank draft) (Balance was paid later)

Solicitor: 1,845
    Searches and commissioners fees: 200
    Land Registry Fees on Transfer: 600
    Land Registry Fee on Mortgage: 175
    Folio and Filed Plan: 40
    Property Tax: 175 (the vendor insisted on being reimbursed)
    Sundries: 43.15

3.5k is exactly what I would have estimated for you tbh.
    2- Any idea how much would flooring will cost? I plan to have lamination in the living room, tiles in the hallway +kitchen. Rooms will get carpet and in-lining.

I went down to CarpetRight down in Mahon point with room measurements last Saturday.
    Didn't have the faintest notion about carpets or flooring etc.

There was a sales agent in there, Gerard, took the measurements and did all the calculations in front of me, and explained it clearly to me, sent me a quote by email.
    They will come out to the house to measure it for you, install it.

We're painting atm, so we haven't finalised what we want yet, but when we do, that's definitely the way I'll go.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭AsianIrish

This is so helpful, thank you everyone guys

Advertisement