Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for a cheque to clear?

Options
  • 24-03-2015 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

I lodged a bank of Ireland cheque that was written from an account with the same branch (my branch) yesterday at about 3:30pm and  it appeared in my online account yesterday evening. However I was unable to withdraw it. 

I'd assume it just hasn't cleared yet. How long will it take to clear and is there no way of seeing my available balance on 365 online? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

DylanII wrote: »
    I lodged a bank of Ireland cheque that was written from an account with the same branch (my branch) yesterday at about 3:30pm and  it appeared in my online account yesterday evening. However I was unable to withdraw it. 

I'd assume it just hasn't cleared yet. How long will it take to clear and is there no way of seeing my available balance on 365 online? 
    Hi DylanII,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

It can take 3-5 working days for a cheque to clear into your account. There is some more information about the clearing process here.

The balance that is displayed on 365 online for your account could include items that may not have cleared yet, however if you are making a transfer through 365 Online the ’Available Funds’ in your account will be displayed on the transfer screen before you complete the payment.

I hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement