Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change reference for a Payee on 365 online

Options
  • 24-03-2015 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hello,
    I found another thread about this but it's dated three years ago and I hope things have changed by now. I added a new Payee and specified a Reference based on the first transfer that I was going to make.

Now, I need to make several bank transfers (first one was for deposit, now it's to pay the rent), and I'd like to change the reference from "deposit xxx" to "monthly rent" or something similar. Is it possible? What's the best way to do this? Do I need to delete and re-add the Payee?

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hello,
    I found another thread about this but it's dated three years ago and I hope things have changed by now. I added a new Payee and specified a Reference based on the first transfer that I was going to make.

Now, I need to make several bank transfers (first one was for deposit, now it's to pay the rent), and I'd like to change the reference from "deposit xxx" to "monthly rent" or something similar. Is it possible? What's the best way to do this? Do I need to delete and re-add the Payee?

Thank you!
    Hi JackHeuston,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Yes, it is possible to amend the reference on your payee when making a payment. To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. Click ‘Money Transfer’ on the left hand menu
    2. Select your payment option e.g. SEPA Transfer
    3. Choose the account you are transferring from
    4. Choose the payee from the drop down menu
    5. Beside the current ‘Reference’ there is an option to ‘Amend’

If you click amend you can then enter your new reference for that particular payment and proceed with the transfer. 
    I hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

Thanks, it worked! I was doing Manage Accounts -> Manage Payees and couldn't find a way to do it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Thanks, it worked! I was doing Manage Accounts -> Manage Payees and couldn't find a way to do it from there.
    Glad to hear that JackHeuston,

Get in touch again if you need anything else, thanks.

Nicola

Advertisement