Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accepting Credit Cards

Options
  • 24-03-2015 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

I own a small business and occasionally am asked about accepting credit card payments - but perhaps not often enough to warrant a Credit Card machine and all that goes with it .

Does anyone use one of the iPhone / app type payment systems ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

iZettle should do the job for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

This crops up quite a lot. SumUp is probably the best option its €79 for the device and then a flat 1.95% per transaction. If you only do small volume then its ideal. Nice and easy UI and you get the funds deposited after a couple of days.

How many transactions and what sort of value do you think you'll be doing? Those sort of systems are good for very small numbers once you are doing maybe 40 a month or a few of thousand euro you might be better with a more traditional systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Thanks for your replies Gents.

At the moment I might get one request per quarter !

Perhaps between 1 and 4 Grand a tranaction .

But perhaps if I offered a Credit Card service that might grow.

Does that change your recommendations ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies Gents.

At the moment I might get one request per quarter !

Perhaps between 1 and 4 Grand a tranaction .

But perhaps if I offered a Credit Card service that might grow.

Does that change your recommendations ?

At €19.50-€78 per transaction (with SumUp) that does seem pretty crazy but with it being so in frequent your options are very limited but as you say might get more when you introduce it. You could start with sumup or similar then once you have an idea of the demand for it then look at subscription options that might work out cheaper.

Advertisement