Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Insurance Q [using NCB from 1 property to another]

Options
  • 24-03-2015 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭

Currently renting and have contents only with a nice NCB. Can I use this when getting full cover on a property I am buying and moving into? I note some websites only ask "Do you currently have house insurance" which in theory is yes......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Household NCB's are theoretical. They arent actual no claims bonus like those that must be issued with a renewal notice for motor insurance. In fact if youve had a a claim or two within a 3 year period they wont quote you.

its just a discount tool to be used in rates when they breakdown your price. Generally if you fill in form and they ask whether you've had a claim its to see if you fit their acceptance criteria.

Advertisement