Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Requirements for a Coffee Shop.

Options
  • 24-03-2015 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am currently in the process of locating a Retail property for use as a coffee shop. I have a question regarding the planning permissions required, and how I would get information on the necessary planning permissions for:

A Coffee shop with seated area, no food made on the premises?

Any information or direction as to where I could find this information would be really useful.

Regards
    Stephen.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Have you called the planning department in the area you're considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi
    I fitted out 1 for a friend last year in roundwood if you want I can ask him what he did .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I just got a reply from Kildare County Council Planning division. I would need planning permission once food is to be eaten on the premises and to get this I need architects plans, HSAI recommendations etc.

This is confusing because the auctioneer told me that his client would not want to wait around for planning permission to be granted (or not) and wants someone in soon.

If a prospective Tennant needs planning permission how do they go about getting it without entering a rental contract?

Carpenter: If you wouldn't mind asking your friend how he did it that would be great.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tarmon

If you do any alterations you'll also need a Disability Access Cert from the Council which is a flat rate of €800. You'll need to get your engineer to do up the application for that which will add more to the cost!
    And however long you think the process will be double it and double the budget too!!
    Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Quattroste wrote: »
    I just got a reply from Kildare County Council Planning division. I would need planning permission once food is to be eaten on the premises and to get this I need architects plans, HSAI recommendations etc.

This is confusing because the auctioneer told me that his client would not want to wait around for planning permission to be granted (or not) and wants someone in soon.

If a prospective Tennant needs planning permission how do they go about getting it without entering a rental contract?

Carpenter: If you wouldn't mind asking your friend how he did it that would be great.

Thanks all.

It takes something like 16 weeks for the application to go through planning, then you have to wait for objections so you could be waiting up to 6 months to get planning change.

Potential tenants with deep pockets, like franchises, may be viewed by landlords differently to joe soaps like you or I. Or they may pay the monthly rent (or a portion of it), without signing a contract, while the application is going through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

PM sent - it may interest you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Plasticface

Quattroste wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently in the process of locating a Retail property for use as a coffee shop. I have a question regarding the planning permissions required, and how I would get information on the necessary planning permissions for:

A Coffee shop with seated area, no food made on the premises?

Any information or direction as to where I could find this information would be really useful.

Regards
    Stephen.

I am in the exact same position and at my wits end trying to find correct information can you forward me any relevant information you get, please.

Best of luck

Advertisement