Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barber course limerick

• 24-03-2015 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭

can anyone recommend course that teaches how to be a barber in limerick city thanks and the prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Know totally nothing about this subject but I did see an ad for Retro Barber Academy. It's run by one of the Hackett's who are some of the best in Limerick.

http://www.retrobarbers.ie/academy/

My nephew did the course with Frank Hackett in retro. I did the whole free haircut "model" for him (1 all over :P) but your man Frank seemed very good to the students. Really knows his stuff and comes across as a great teacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭hagoonabear

My nephew did the course with Frank Hackett in retro. I did the whole free haircut "model" for him (1 all over ) but your man Frank seemed very good to the students. Really knows his stuff and comes across as a great teacher.

hi was he fully qualified to apply for roles once he finished the course must pop in and ask this week

hi was he fully qualified to apply for roles once he finished the course must pop in and ask this week

I honestly don't know. I think there is a few different levels of the course on offer and he did the basic so I don't think so. He did it along with a hairdressing course with the VEC. His mother (my sister) is a regular poster here too. I'll ask her to come on and see if she has any more info for you. No harm ringing or dropping in to retro either I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Hi OP, my son did an introduction course with Frank Hackett in Retro. It was a good course but no he was not qualified on completion, Frank also runs an advanced course and I do think yes you would be qualified after this but you'd be better off talking to Frank himself. My son was very impressed with Retro and would highly recommend it, although it is not cheap, but is an investment in your career. Also if you are unemployed it may be worth your while to go and talk to Intreo and see could they help fund your training, they do have funds for courses that are not funded under the normal way.. Worth a try... There are other Barber training courses in Limerick, I think Pat Barry from The Gentry also offers training, again I'd say worth a phone call. Boston Barbers may also be an option. Best of Luck, hope was of some help. MM

Oh I am Snotaul Goodmans sister.... :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Chris in William Street Barbers is doing this also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Frank Hackett in Retro is highly qualified. He'd be the best option by miles.

Advertisement