Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Bra Recommendations

Options
  • 24-03-2015 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Looking for some advice from all you lady runners! I have started Zumba and hoping its going to lead me to a much healthier fitter lifestyle and get me to a shape where I feel confident enough to pursue running! Anyway getting to the point, I have quite a large chest (38F) and wondering what sports bra recommendations you would have? Price is not too much of an issue because I know you get what you pay for!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Shock Absorber I've found great. An ordeal to get into at first but worth it for support. Definitely get fitted for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

I find the Shock Absorber great. There's a few different types but I get the Ultimate Run one so nothing budges at all when running. Try a few different sizes though or get fitted as it's so important to have the right size.

I actually think one of the reasons I hated running so much as a teenager is because I was always wearing cheap Pennys bra's :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 GentleMommy

Thanks girls, had in my head that I need something that says it shock absorber anyway, was looking at the ultimate run but cant seem to find them in my size! I am the same chickey2, I had a large chest at a very young age in some very ill fitting bra's P.E used to be a nightmare of boob bobbing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Have a look at the Panache sports bra - I have 3 of them and they are quite popular in your size range (they go up to a 38 band and a H cup). Possibly go down one in the cup for extra mashability, the most comfortable one I have for running is a 30FF when I normally wear a 30G.

Shock Absorber S4490 and N109/D+ Max are well worth a go too. I'm just about sized out of the Run bra so can't comment on that one!

Thanks rainbow, think will have to do a bit of shopping around, very excited to start a new lifestyle :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 RL dublin

'Moving Comfort' Bras do a Jubralee model in the size you are looking for.

Cheers RL dublin! Have a few names to go try out now!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

I can't recommend Shock Absorbers enough. Been using the brand for years. Got the 'Ultimate running' version a few weeks ago. Absoutely fantastic so I bought a second. I knew my size so I bought online for half the price. I guess if you get fitted you'll know your size and buy a spare online? I got mine on ebay as amazon were sold out in my size. They seem to be flying like hot cakes. Always a good sign.

Wearing the wrong underwear can make running impossible!

Advertisement