Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit list

Options
  • 24-03-2015 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I used to be able to see the list of direct debits that are set up on my account very easily. I can;t see this anymore? Is there nowhere I can see that now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

I used to be able to see the list of direct debits that are set up on my account very easily. I can;t see this anymore? Is there nowhere I can see that now?
    Hi The Voice of reason,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

It is not possible to view a list of your direct debits online. 
    However you can view the Direct Debits that have left your account within a specific time frame, please follow these steps below to do this. 

• Select ‘Statements’ on the left hand menu and choose an account;
    • Click on the 'Advanced' option;
    • Select 'Direct Debits/Credits' from the dropdown labelled 'Show'.

This will display all of the direct debits on this account from the selected date range.

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Voice of reason

Why was this feature taken away? It was really handy to have, your above solution wonlt help me if there's an annual direct debit sitting on my account and it takes 400 euro in December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi The Voice of reason, 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

We are sorry to hear that you unhappy with the layout of Direct Debits and Credits on 365Online. We appreciate all our customers feedback and we will ensure to forward your comments to our Online team for possible future development. 

Just to mention, our 365 representatives have the facility to provide additional information relating to SEPA Direct Debits. Should you require this, please call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 and our advisor's can forward your request to the administration team for SEPA Direct Debits and then contact you with the information you require. 

Thank you again for your feedback. 

Elaine 

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Elaine this needs to be sorted out. Please add my voice to those already complaining that this feature was removed: quite clearly it didn't make it in with the changeover to SEPA.

However, it is idiotic to remove it: are those setting the requirements for what should be a functional banking website extremely forgetful? These childish failures in what is supposed to be the primary point of contact with a modern bank are starting to become a bad joke. When will this feature be reinstated?

Red Alert wrote: »
    Elaine this needs to be sorted out. Please add my voice to those already complaining that this feature was removed: quite clearly it didn't make it in with the changeover to SEPA.

However, it is idiotic to remove it: are those setting the requirements for what should be a functional banking website extremely forgetful? These childish failures in what is supposed to be the primary point of contact with a modern bank are starting to become a bad joke. When will this feature be reinstated?
    Hi Red Alert,

Thanks for your post.

We have not been advised of any plans to bring the direct debit list back, however we will certainly pass on your feedback to our Online team. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Can you get an answer from them as to why it was removed in the first place? I would love to know the reasoning, and I'm sure others would too. 

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

This was a feature that I found handy too. I'd be interested in the reasoning behind its removal and what can be done to get it back. Given that I now pay handsomely for the service, this doesn't seem too unreasonable a request ;)

Red Alert wrote: »
    Can you get an answer from them as to why it was removed in the first place? I would love to know the reasoning, and I'm sure others would too. 
    Hi Red Alert and delos,

As part of Bank of Ireland's transition to SEPA it was decided to change the process of viewing a listing of Direct Debits based on the active transaction records on customer accounts. This change was made because pre-SEPA, direct debit listings contained inconsistent information, such as cancelled and expired mandates which had not been updated by the originator or company.

This new approach ensures the accuracy of information, and each SEPA direct debit transaction carries with it improved information on the direct debit, which was not available under the old system. 

Due to these enhancements there is no plan to return to the "old" style of viewing direct debit information. 

You can view an old thread on this when SEPA was first introduced here

We will of course pass on your feedback as mentioned. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Thanks Sarah for the quick reply.

When I follow the instructions above I get a list of not just direct debits but also the POS chip and pin transactions. Effectively I have to scan the list by eye or export the list and filter out the POS.

While I understand why you don't want to go backwards, an option to separate out the POS from the DD should be an option.

So as an organisation, you want me to bank online as much as possible, but you remove the features that allow me to do so?
    I want to get a list of direct debits on my account, as is my right, so now I'll have to go into the branch. All seems a bit amateurish 

• Advertisement

Hi delos and The Voice of Reason,

Thanks for your replies.

As Elaine has mentioned above, you can also call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be able to request this for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi delos and The Voice of Reason,

Thanks for your replies.

As Elaine has mentioned above, you can also call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be able to request this for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    I'll go to the branch thanks. Though I should be able to get these as I used to be in the past, online, myself.
    Poor show.

I think as an organisation you're very good, but this is just silly

Advertisement