Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballistic Plates

Options
  • 24-03-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Quick Question for you all.

What is the best / easiest material to use as a stiffener in a battle vest ( Tiras or RRV type)??

I hate the vest not having any structure!

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Cardboard or a cutup yoga mat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Or just buy a good quality vest with heavy material, most ACM vests are very light material almost flimsy and after time lose there shape, brands like WARRIOR are very rigid without dummy plates yet still give you fairly decent movement depending on your setup!.

You do see nowadays vest becoming lighter for the high speed low drag kinda thing but as the poster above said yoga matt like material wouldn't be too bad or just buy dummy plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭mack1984

Dummy Sapi plates look best as they are the correct size and thickness. Camping mat works aswell.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/sapi-ballistic-plate-size-p-2120.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

I bought a yoga mat and cut it up and put about 4 layers of it into the vest, works perfectly and is really comfy not to mention its a lot comfier to go prone etc seeing as you basically have a cushion strapped to you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Be careful of over heating if using foam inserts, the foam is a great insulator!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

thermo wrote: »
    Be careful of over heating if using foam inserts, the foam is a great insulator!!
    Don't worry thermo I got some Camo jocks so I'll be fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Don't worry thermo I got some Camo jocks so I'll be fine :D

You would be better served with a camelbak :eek:

Advertisement