Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway couriers

Options
  • 24-03-2015 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Just need some help regarding Fastway franchise in dublin, lost my job and couldn't get any, so im thinking of buying Fastway franchise but have no idea about it, i drive and have full Eu licence.
    If anyone can help with any info that would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

140490 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Just need some help regarding Fastway franchise in dublin, lost my job and couldn't get any, so im thinking of buying Fastway franchise but have no idea about it, i drive and have full Eu licence.
    If anyone can help with any info that would be great

Do a search there are threads on this before.

Be wary of buying into a franchise as you will be lied to by all parties and when you get the run it takes 1.5 times the time you thought you would take and you get far fewer parcels than you were led to believe, and instead of a great wage its a tough slog to earn a middling wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

We deal with most of the large couriers and the faatway guy definitely seems the most stressed! As mentioned already there have been a good few threads in the past about buying the franchise its worth having a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Blue bull

Dont do it. I have friends who used to work there. They hated every minute of it. Couldnt wait to get out. All the couriers were treated like dirt while the office staff were looked after much better. If i were you, i would definately look somewhere else. Good luck with your searches..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Don't touch it with a fifty foot pole no support at all given

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Iwernia

Just try booking a parcel online or ringing to book a parcel, disaster of an outfit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

Buy yourself a high roof transit an go work for a courier company on contract , they are always looking for self employed drivers, If it dosent work out at least you can sell the van and you havent really lost a lot, be prepared for long hours ,

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭joejobrien

sohappy wrote: »
    Buy yourself a high roof transit an go work for a courier company on contract , they are always looking for self employed drivers, If it dosent work out at least you can sell the van and you havent really lost a lot, be prepared for long hours ,
    What would long hours be approx?

joejobrien wrote: »

a long time since I did it but 12-14 hours wasnt unusual,

joejobrien wrote: »

a long time since I did it but 12-14 hours wasnt unusual,

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Shane M89

I've been involved with Fastway I'd stay well clear they screwed us big time still haven't gotten over it

• Advertisement
Advertisement