Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5-HTP available in Ireland?

• 24-03-2015 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Looking to get some 5htp in Ireland.

Does anyone know where I can buy it in the Dublin City area?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Its not legally available in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Niall558

Whosthis wrote: »
    Its not legally available in Ireland.

If I ordered it online. do ya reckon it would be stopped at customs?

Also why is it not available here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Whosthis wrote: »
    Just to note, it is not psychoactive in itself, it was in the mixture as it is meant to restore serotonin. People taking MDMA might take this afterward to help evade a "come down".

there is an article on the irish holland & barrett about it, though its not on sale
    https://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/articles/article.asp?articleId=30

Its on sale in the uk
    http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-5htp-tablets-50mg-60005317

The cynic in my would think a reason its illegal here is that it does alleviate the "come down"/"hangover" effect of illegal MDMA.

Its like chemists interrogating people if they are asking for solpadeine as they have a hangover, if the powers that be had their way they would have shopkeepers asking people if they had been drinking before serving them lucozade or bottled water. "no- you had your fun, now pay the price"

This seemingly Irish site sells it, though not to ireland.
    http://www.hawthornhealth.ie/irelands-leading-discount-health-store-c7/serotone-5htp-100mg-90-capsule-p30027

• Registered Users Posts: 44 crystal hedgehog

To cut a long story short,my GP agreed to prescribe 5HTP for me after researching it if need be; my pharmacist looked into it and found out one does not need a prescription BUT the powers-that-be have only granted the LICENSE to sell 5HTP to a very small number of companies, (she could only find TWO!),effectively almost eliminating all competition and thus, the only capsule form of 5HTP available in this country cost 70EUROS for 60 caps!!! Yes, 70 EUROS!!! ISN'T THAT JUST PURE PROFITEERING?? It is also self-defeating as it is this extortionate over-pricing that is the reason most chemists and health stores in R.o.I. do not stock it! I mean, who in their right mind would pay that? You be cheaper to go up to the North for a day's shopping and buy it in Holland and Barrett for £20!
    The other one she found for me was in tincture form, which I am not keen on and was still dear at 17Euros for 50mls but I wanted it.It was OK but I kept forgetting to take it as it is such a faff and I much prefer tablets or capsules.
    Why is this sort of profiteering and reduction of fair competition encouraged in this country? It is grossly unfair on the Irish consumer and IMO,an infringement of our rights! Furthermore, the fact that they are not transparent about it and one has to go to such lengths to find out the facts makes me suspect some skulduggery! I am disgusted about it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 abc2304

If anyone is still looking for 5HTP in Ireland, check these guys out: supplementsireland .co.uk [I can't post the full link as I'm a 'new user']

I just received my first order, ordered yesterday morning. I think it's quite a new website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Its banned due to the possible negative effects it can have on the heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,575 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

abc2304 wrote: »
    If anyone is still looking for 5HTP in Ireland, check these guys out: supplementsireland .co.uk [I can't post the full link as I'm a 'new user']

I just received my first order, ordered yesterday morning. I think it's quite a new website

Yeah, doesn't have any address or contact info which would make me suspicious.

I ordered some from amazon.co.uk to Germany and it got stopped, but I did get a fell refund.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement