Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Console Activation/Deactivation Error

Options
  • 24-03-2015 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Just logged into my ps3 this evening to find all my ps+ games locked out. (error 80029514) On closer inspection my account says ive 3 systems activated apparently, 1 more than the two systems i had yesterday (and in reality).
    Ive been looking on the psn account section of the website and the third system is showing up there alright but Ive no idea where it came from. It also says ive already tried to deactivate all the systems and cannot access the feature again.
    I have tried to deactivate and activate on the one ps3 I have access to this evening through the xmb (the other being at home) but to no avail.

Anyone else getting the same issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Just as a follow up for anyone that has a similar error. I rang through to Sony today on their support number, by this time there were 4 consoles registered against my account although i had deactivated the two consoles themselves.
    The deactivated all the systems, so back to zero and i was then able to activate my main system earlier this evening.
    One thing I did notice was while playing later in the evening, I was logged out for a second account login. I logged back in and same thing happened some minutes later. At this stage I reset my password as I suspected the account may have been hacked. Luckily I dont store any credit card information and use paypal so I may have been lucky although I cant see the reason for the nuisance activation of other systems being of any use to a hacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

So this has just happened to me. Same scenario, can't play my downloaded games, PlayStations activated on my account and no idea where they came from. Only have the one system. Hopefully, when I ring support tomorrow they can resolve it. Have changed my passwords and log-in anyway, but they whole thing has left me feeling uneasy tbh.

dohboy wrote: »
    So this has just happened to me. Same scenario, can't play my downloaded games, PlayStations activated on my account and no idea where they came from. Only have the one system. Hopefully, when I ring support tomorrow they can resolve it. Have changed my passwords and log-in anyway, but they whole thing has left me feeling uneasy tbh.

I felt the exact same at the time, suspecting a hacked account. Thankfully though I've never had an issue since and hopefully they will sort it out as quickly for you.

I felt the exact same at the time, suspecting a hacked account. Thankfully though I've never had an issue since and hopefully they will sort it out as quickly for you.

Rang support and they sorted it out sharpish. Still, considering I have my credit card info on there and it seems someone accessed my account, I'm still a bit unsettled about the episode. Hopefully nothing will come of it.

Ended up getting my PSN account suspended for a month. For what, I'm not exactly sure. Some 'security' baloney even though I was the one who got hacked/shafted through no fault of my own. Complete pish.

• Advertisement

dohboy wrote: »
    Ended up getting my PSN account suspended for a month. For what, I'm not exactly sure. Some 'security' baloney even though I was the one who got hacked/shafted through no fault of my own. Complete pish.

Aw no way! Some nuisance alright. I was in hospital at the time so made it clear to them there was no way it could've been my fault and that I needed the system back up and running immediately as it was the only thing keeping me sane.

I don't know if it was connected but about a month earlier I had logged into a friends ps4 while trying to set it up for his son. Either way hasn't happened since thankfully

Advertisement