If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q Acoustic 2020i add-on

Options
  • 24-03-2015 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Heya Lads,

I currently have a pair of QA 2020i speakers and a Marantz MCR510. I mainly listen to streamed music and the odd movie and am looking to improve the overall sound quality and bass and am thinking of buying a subwoofer and speaker stands to achieve this.

I was considering upgrading to the 2050i floor standers but I think they may be a bit big as I live in an apartment and don't wanna piss off my neighbours.

I was considering the Yamaha YSTF-SW050 sub as it is nice and neat and will fit well in my TV unit beside my MCR510. Would you recommended this sub with 2020i or would something else be a better choice?

Also what speaker stands have you in stock that would work with the 2020i? I would be looking for gloss white stands to match the gloss white 2020i speakers

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Heya Lads,

I currently have a pair of QA 2020i speakers and a Marantz MCR510. I mainly listen to streamed music and the odd movie and am looking to improve the overall sound quality and bass and am thinking of buying a subwoofer and speaker stands to achieve this.

I was considering upgrading to the 2050i floor standers but I think they may be a bit big as I live in an apartment and don't wanna piss off my neighbours.

I was considering the Yamaha YSTF-SW050 sub as it is nice and neat and will fit well in my TV unit beside my MCR510. Would you recommended this sub with 2020i or would something else be a better choice?

Also what speaker stands have you in stock that would work with the 2020i? I would be looking for gloss white stands to match the gloss white 2020i speakers

Thanks

Paul
    Paul,

firstly apologies for the delay getting back to you - and thanks for the post.

Whilst I do love the 2050's I probably agree with you that they may not be a good idea ( for your neighbours!) however you are on the right track with the sub idea as its far more flexible than the 2050's as you can adjust the bass levels to suit the time of day to be considerate to the neighbours and of course it can also be switched off completely!

However, whilst the Yamaha 050 is a decent unit, I don't think that it would be the best partner for your 2020's - and the bad news is that the ones I think are a better match are more expensive....:o

The Monitor Audio MASS W200 is probably the best deal at the moment as its reduced to just €269.99 now and it pack a a huge punch for that money and yet its really well controlled and its not at all flabby but tight and punchy.
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/mass/mass-w200

If you wanted to spoil yourself though and get something that really fits the brief, Gloss white, really compact then the zinger for you has to be the Cambridge Audio Minx X200 sub:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200057-minx-x200.aspx

This is ultra compact but still packs a 200watt punch and again is quite a serious sub - the gloss white finish is beautiful - you will actually want it out on display! and the Euro pricing is really competitive at just €329 including shipping ( it should be approx. €360) - I know it blows the budget but if you wanted a package price to include:

Q Acoustics 2000St stands ( pair White)
    Cambridge Audio Minx X200 Gloss White subwoofer
    Cambridge Audio Sublink 7.5 Sub lead
    Our advertised price is €477 - I can do a Boardie deal delivered at just €449

...or with the Monitor Audio Mass W200

Q Acoustics 2000St stands ( pair White)
    Monitor Audio Mass W200 Subwoofer
    Cambridge Audio Sublink 7.5 Sub lead
    Our advertised price is €418 - I can do a Boardie deal delivered at just €399

Apologies again for the delay and keep me posted if we can assist in any way and of course if you would like to order just drop us a line with your contact details to sales@richersounds.ie ( or a PM of course) and I'll get a human to give you a shout to arrange a delivery for you,

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Thanks for the reply and suggestions John,

It is a little more than I was hoping to spend, I could possibly stretch to €300 for a set of stands and sub at this moment.

Would you have anything in this price range worth considering to work well with my 2020s?

Also, how does the QA 2070si compare to the CA Minx and MA W200?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply and suggestions John,

It is a little more than I was hoping to spend, I could possibly stretch to €300 for a set of stands and sub at this moment.

Would you have anything in this price range worth considering to work well with my 2020s?

Also, how does the QA 2070si compare to the CA Minx and MA W200?

Thanks
    Glen,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - we can do a sub and the stands for €300 but to be honest I personally would recommend that rather than just adding a sub for the sake of it I would wait and add the right sub!

Your 2020's are great speakers and if you compromise the quality of them then you whole system will suffer - you are far better to just purchase the stands in the first instance - this will really tighten up your sound and enhance the whole system - you will really hear an improvement.

Next up then when you are ready - you can make the move to a sub that will properly partner your 2020's - the 2070 is great and of course will work really well with your 2020's as they were designed to partner each other ( I thought it may be too big for you??) its also great value at just €298! https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-11480-2070i-gr.aspx?swapstore=1 and of course its available in Gloss white to match your speakers ( but there is a gloss price premium unfortunately)

In comparison to the X200 I'd say that the 2070 would be a better partner for your 2020's - the Mass is a different animal - it probably wont be as cohesive - but it does shift a serious amount of Air!

On the 2000St stands / 2070 Graphite / Walnut finish - I can do those as a bundle at €399 - sorry it still busts the budget but as per the above - I whilst I'd love to take €300 off you and get you any sub I do think you are best to wait rather than introduce a weak link into your system.

Thanks and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John, appreciate the honestly, a lot of others would sell you any oul piece of kit just to make a sale.

I think I will hold off on the sub for the moment and have a think about it.

I will send you a PM now regarding the stands.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks John, appreciate the honestly, a lot of others would sell you any oul piece of kit just to make a sale.

I think I will hold off on the sub for the moment and have a think about it.

I will send you a PM now regarding the stands.
    Hi Glen_Quagmire.

Just a little post to check you got sorted with the stands? I know John has been out and about over the last few days and may not have had time to respond to your PM.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

No I have not had a response yet, could you tell me what the cost is for the QA 2000st stands in gloss white delivered to Dublin and also delivery time?

I have been doing a lot of thinking over the weekend and am seriously considering going all out and buying a set of floor standers. Could you tell me what your best price is for the following speakers delivered to Dublin:

1. QA 2050i in Gloss White
    2. B&W 684 S2 in white
    3. KEF Q500 in white

What would you recommend from the speakers above? I will be running these off a Marantz MCR510. My living room is 5.5m x 4.5m

Cheers

Hi Kenny,

No I have not had a response yet, could you tell me what the cost is for the QA 2000st stands in gloss white delivered to Dublin and also delivery time?

I have been doing a lot of thinking over the weekend and am seriously considering going all out and buying a set of floor standers. Could you tell me what your best price is for the following speakers delivered to Dublin:

1. QA 2050i in Gloss White
    2. B&W 684 S2 in white
    3. KEF Q500 in white

What would you recommend from the speakers above? I will be running these off a Marantz MCR510. My living room is 5.5m x 4.5m

Cheers
    Hi Glen_Quagmire.

The current price on the 2000ST stands would be 118.99 Euro (White would be a special order and we would need to order these up direct from Q Acoustics). Lead time could be up to 10 working days.

Price are as follows on the speakers:

Q Acoustics 2050i Gloss white priced at 699.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12718-2050i-gloss-white.aspx

We don't stock any B&W unfortunately.

KEF Q500 are priced at 799.99 Euro (Inc Delivery) Again the white finish would be a special order and I would need to check the lead time with our purchasing team tomorrow.

There is also the new Q Acoustic 3050 in white priced at 849.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201188-q3050-gls-wht.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for the quick reply..

Could you advise how the 2050s compare to the Q500?

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply..

Could you advise how the 2050s compare to the Q500?

Thanks
    Hi Glen_Quagmire

The following link does a comparison of both speakers:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/prodcompare.aspx?pid1=12143&pid2=200942

On paper the Q500 are the better speaker and sound really good on top of that. I've had a listen a few times to these speakers and was impressed.

The 2050i we have had on demo in our store many times and these also sound great. The 2050i got a 5 star review from What HiFi and also won best speaker in its category.

To throw another set into the mix there is also the Dali Zensor 5 in Gloss white priced at 639.99 Euro (Again another fantastic sounding speaker)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200069-zensor-5-white.aspx

Hope this helps a little.

Decisions decisions... its not easy:confused:

My living room is 4.5m x 5.5m and I will be sitting approx 2.5 m from the TV so I am now thinking floor standers are gonna be too big??

Would I be better off going with a higher quality bookshelf speaker such as the KEF R100 or the Acoustic Energy AE301? What is your best price on the KEF R100s in white?

Apologies for all the questions, I just want to be sure before I make my final decision.

• Advertisement

Decisions decisions... its not easy:confused:

My living room is 4.5m x 5.5m and I will be sitting approx 2.5 m from the TV so I am now thinking floor standers are gonna be too big??

Would I be better off going with a higher quality bookshelf speaker such as the KEF R100 or the Acoustic Energy AE301? What is your best price on the KEF R100s in white?

Apologies for all the questions, I just want to be sure before I make my final decision.
    I think that you will be fine with the floor-standers to be honest - you are sitting over 8 feet away from the speakers and this will be fine - of course it just depends if you can take a larger speaker beside the TV - but frequently a floor-stander can look better than a bookshelf on a stand and it generally takes up pretty much the same footprint but rewards with a far better frequency range.

The Kef series do sound great but I do think that if you like the Q Acoustic sound balance then you will love the 2050's - I think they are a great speaker and of course they are available in your chosen white gloss as well - you could also look at the new '30' series - the first of the new '30' series has received one of the best What HiFi reviews I have ever seen and the 3050 really does sound pretty stunning and again is available in a variety of finishes:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201188-q3050-gls-wht.aspx?swapstore=1

To be honest if you are really trying to make the decision - could you pop up to us and have a blast in the dem room? ( We'll do the coffees!)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.