Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle wheel building lessons?

Options
  • 24-03-2015 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

This one for the cyclist few of them in this topic as well. I wonder is there any place or knowledgeable wheelbuilder around town where one can have lessons to acquire the knowledge? I can service many things on my bike bar handling rims and spokes which I'm sick of. I'd like to gain some experience. Thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I did my bike building course in Rothar in Dublin, they also do wheel building, you're pretty fecked down this end. Get a truing stand and watch Leonard Zinn videos would be my advice (unless you're truing expensive wheels).

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Thank you, Captain! I wonder could you recommend me where to go to get my wheels checked? I got a new wheelset which I think needs a bit of de-stressing, better to get it checked by a professional.

Advertisement