Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billions [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I really like this show love the character Bobby Axelrod. However I find the character of Wendy Rhodes totally pointless. Really if she wasn't in it would she be missed?
    Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Hopefully we see more Mary Louise Parker in Season 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Roanmore wrote: »

I think Chuck and herself might get together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Roanmore wrote: »
    You're hilarious... great joke

Oh... you were beings serious? That's the worst acting on the show and an accent that is on the line of cringe-worthy. Literally every time she is on screen the show becomes a comedy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Wendy is completely necessary for the show, the writers just don't focus on it as much now as they did in S1. She's still being fought over, she's a powerful woman in both their lives in different ways. She is getting involved in both Axe and Rhodes' worlds more deeply.

She alone can bring everything crashing for either or both if she chooses.

The writers are doing a marvellous job of not making it obvious but giving subtle nods to it when she is both on and off camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I find it bizarre that Wendy is thought to be some unnecessary extra in the show as she will probably be key to how the endgame pans out.

That investment she took anticipating the fall in the stock price of the juice company is going to bite back on Chuck's investigation with a vengeance.

So much more than that here we have a strong professional woman caught in a tug of war between two alpha males extraordinaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Bullocks wrote: »
    Axe's wife was a scumbag for leaving before he got released

Axe's voicemails were pretty horrendous that he left her when she took off with the kids before all this kicked off. Am sorry Lara didn't get to hear them though and see what kind of 'scumbag' she is married to.

Really enjoyed the later episodes of this season. Pretty fantastic stuff, will be interesting to see how it all pans out!

Axe's voicemails were pretty horrendous that he left her when she took off with the kids before all this kicked off. Am sorry Lara didn't get to hear them though and see what kind of 'scumbag' she is married to.

Really enjoyed the later episodes of this season. Pretty fantastic stuff, will be interesting to see how it all pans out!

I forgot about them ! Jaysus if she heard them she wouldn't have come back to go again .
    Be interesting to say what way it goes next season alright , I can see Axe taking a fall .

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

seligehgit wrote: »
    I find it bizarre that Wendy is thought to be some unnecessary extra in the show as she will probably be key to how the endgame pans out.

That investment she took anticipating the fall in the stock price of the juice company is going to bite back on Chuck's investigation with a vengeance.

So much more than that here we have a strong professional woman caught in a tug of war between two alpha males extraordinaire.

Also Axe dropped the law suits against Chuck on the condition that Wendy returned to the company. Bet he is regretting that decision now! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Not watching that in case of spoilers, American companies have lost their minds with the trailers they put together these days. Great news though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,895 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I will have to go back and watch the last 2 or 3 of the season I think as I've forgotten most of the setup to the above

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I will have to go back and watch the last 2 or 3 of the season I think as I've forgotten most of the setup to the above

Same as that , I'm looking forward to the new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Same as that , I'm looking forward to the new one

Sure bullock your just like himself with all the money...

Reggie. wrote: »
    Sure bullock your just like himself with all the money...

Spoiler alert , I think like me Axel lose's all his money on cows and tractors haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Spoiler alert , I think like me Axel lose's all his money on cows and tractors haha

Well he did buy up that town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I'll wait for the season to finish and binge watch it like i did with season 2.. Enjoyed it more that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

John Malkovich joins as a guest cast member for season 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

tis back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Great return episode, reminds everyone of the dynamics in play and everyone's position. I loved the line "Just cause he watches Bruce Lee movies doesn't mean he knows Karate"(sic), I'm going to use that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

He'd have his personal money, they froze Axe Capital's money. He's also have a lot of lines of credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,895 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ah I've missed this show! Really enjoyed that opener

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I'm delighted this show is back, I really enjoyed the season 1 & 2, especially 2. The show is a bit underrated it doesn't get the same attention as others but the writing and acting is top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Ah I've missed this show! Really enjoyed that opener

TBH I didn't think it anything spectacular,solid opener.

Ax and Brian both have new ladies,defo don't recall Brian's new girlfriend or am I losing it?!Not sure if I like a neutered Ax and Taylor isn't bad enough.:D

You just know Rhodes role via Daddy's money in the juice company is going to leak out.Looks like Chuck is going to ignore the AG's instructions re a light touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Johnnywaters

High quality opener I thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I wish they'd never brought that stupid dominatrix crap into it, its pure cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Johnnywaters

Thargor wrote: »
    I wish they'd never brought that stupid dominatrix crap into it, its pure cringe.

It's a bit silly for sure

Advertisement